GB1
    1 Attachment(s)
    Basics
    C&C welcome - GB

Attachment 92751
  • 02-08-2014, 11:32 PM
    ksbryan0
    Re: Basics
    A very artsy composition. I like the B/W choice here, as it makes for some dramatic contrast. I'm not finding anything not to like about it, and can't even make up something to be critical of...sorry about that!
  • 02-10-2014, 03:18 AM
    hminx
    It's cool GB but I'd prefer a tighter crop so the only the white and black guitars are in the frame, sort of a musical ying and yang thing.
  • 02-10-2014, 08:50 AM
    GB1
    Thanks fellows. This was a grab shot while walking around at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) last month (not sure what the electronics angle was for the guitars): see an interesting subject/composition, shoot, move on.

Pete, I agree that the right side guitar seems out of place compared to the others, but I tried a crop, and it just seemed wrong with just the two. The rule of odds does seem to apply here for whatever reason.

Ken, you are too nice! :D

G
  • 02-10-2014, 11:40 AM
    armando_m
    Very Nice

I may only suggest removing the small wording between the guitars
  • 02-10-2014, 07:43 PM
    ksbryan0
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GB1 View Post
    Ken, you are too nice! :D

It will be short-lived, I promise :)
  • 02-11-2014, 01:39 AM
    hminx
    " Rule of odds " Pffft, GB I think you've got a great fine art shot here, some nice curves, shapes, and stuff that needs exploring....
  • 02-11-2014, 08:02 PM
    GB1
    1 Attachment(s)
    Ok fellows, on your advice I played with the composition some more .... it's harder than it seems because there's so many little shapes and objects in there.

Here it is - Armando, I also removed that pesky wording.

Guitars are so classical...

Attachment 92753
  • 02-12-2014, 12:30 AM
    ksbryan0
    Ah, now I've got something to critique! I really dislike the edit, because losing the bridges hurts the interest of the image a lot, IMO. While the writing you eliminated may be distracting, it seems to be about adjustable voltage tuners, or at least something to do with guitars, so I don't know how out of place it is. Did I say I really like the original post?
  • 02-12-2014, 08:20 AM
    armando_m
    the edit looks good , probably to use as the header of the guitar web page
  • 02-13-2014, 09:04 PM
    valzi
    I agree with ksbryan0. I like your original composition much better, and can't complain about it. I would prefer it without the text in the background, but that line between the two leftmost guitars is important/helpful to your composition.