Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Baker Beach Self Portrait

Good morning,

It's been quite some time since I have posted on here. My fiancé, son and I went to San Francisco for the weekend. I know I have probably done some things wrong and I am looking to get some feedback.

Thank you,

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Baker Beach Self Portrait-dsc_0986.jpg  

GB1

Re: Baker Beach Self Portrait

Dave, I can't see anything wrong. It's a decent shot, as you got you and your family nice and sharp, with the bridge in pretty good view behind you. My only criticism if you could call it that would be that it's not a creative shot, but it wasn't really meant to be, either. So nice job.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

GB1,

I appreciate you taking the time to give me your input. I was thinking my mistake was not using a diffuser on my SB900. I just turned the power down quite a bit. I've always wanted to take a class on light or any class for that matter. I've started listening to improvephotography.com's podcast while working nights and it's really got me wanting to get out there to start shooting again. Thanks again.

Dave

Dave,

This looks like a nice family shot and exposure and sharpness look good to me. If you wanted to do anything to improve it is to clone out the ball just above the hills as its a little distracting.

Have confidence in your ability.

Regards
    Roger R.
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

I just turned the power down quite a bit. I've always wanted to take a class on light or any class for that matter. I've started listening to improvephotography.com's podcast while working nights and it's really got me wanting to get out there to start shooting again.
    NOOR

Hello everyone,

I'm new in this forum.

Can anyone suggest if I can find useful information about camera stabilizer or gimbal in this forum?

I searched some keywords, and found few results.

Any comments?

Thanks very much.
    Atif

I hope someone here can help you out.. Im sure they will

Beautiful family

Nice photo, however, don't be offended, it looked like you firstly take view photo and then used Photoshop. But I know that sometimes photos can look like that. I really liked it

Thread Information