Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Sea-Tac

Sea-Tac

Blue filter was added in the shot, no photoshop done, except the border of course.

Louis An Photography

--Canon Rebel XTi
    --18-55 mm EF
    --75-300 mm EF
    --10-17 mm fisheye
    --Adobe Photoshop CS3
    --Photomatix Pro

GB1

Re: Sea-Tac

Hey - Hmmm. It's OK, but lacking a real subject. I guess that's bad for me, cause I keep looking at it and wondering what it is I'm supposed to see It does have a strong mechanical, "this is what humans do" feel to it. I think if it was a little flatter that it would look very futuristic and contempuary - maybe you can edit in PS or another program and see if it works out.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

I agree with GB1, what is the theme or focus of this image? What was the blue filter for?

Jim B.
    Too bad all the people who know how to run this country are busy running taxicabs or cutting hair.

George Burns

I wanted to focus on the reflection of the truss behind it using the glass itself. The blue filter was added because being an "urban architecture" shot, I wanted to stray away from the warm incandescent tone. I wanted it to look "cold" and "urban", because I was still a little disappointed that I couldn't take a picture of a sunset, because in Seattle, what happens? It's gray and rains.
    Louis An Photography

--Canon Rebel XTi
    --18-55 mm EF
    --75-300 mm EF
    --10-17 mm fisheye
    --Adobe Photoshop CS3
    --Photomatix Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GB1
    Hey - Hmmm. It's OK, but lacking a real subject.
    I agree. I understand why you were inspired. I've felt the same way standing in the newer section of the Los Angeles Convention Center. There is something worth shooting but it takes time or the right moment to find it.

When I see a shot with this many lines, I'd like it to lead me somewhere. Or have an object break the flow of the lines and stand out.

Interesting tonal range though.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

GB1

I hope you don't mind, but here's a few tests to see if adding an effect is positive. I don't know - what do you think?

Sorry about the size but I need to figure out how to link a larger image ...

GB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sea-Tac-tests.jpg  
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

I'm fine with it.

But I wish I had like a fisheye lens or something that could distort the lines, but wouldn't mess with the parallel scheme.
    Louis An Photography

--Canon Rebel XTi
    --18-55 mm EF
    --75-300 mm EF
    --10-17 mm fisheye
    --Adobe Photoshop CS3
    --Photomatix Pro

Thread Information