Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Ctn

Wild is the wind

Hi guys,

Wind, rain, beach, photo..
    Any thoughts? Best viewed large.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wild is the wind-wild-wind-1-370790.jpg  

Re: Wild is the wind

I find this photo appealing. There is a pull both from the waves and from the sky above to look at a certain point in the photo - upper right quadrant. There seem to be 2 humans or other black-ish specs out there ...and my only wish is that those were a little stronger to I could tell what they were. Also, the horizon is bending and dropping a little to the left ...could use a bit of straightening.

MB1

That is a great moment and you captured it well in B&W so major points for that.

I am not sure about the placement of the horizon so close to the center of the frame, perhaps the rule of thirds placement would work better here but I don't really mind. I'm just wondering if you pointed the camera down a little more if it would have added some foreground interest.

Still, I like this one a lot.
    No, I DON'T need that.

Ctn

Those little specs in the distance are indeed 2 persons. Added a link to view it large, it makes the photo totally diffirent in my opinion. The bigger the better. Give it a try please

http://static.nationalgeographic.nl/...d-1-370790.jpg

nice scene but for me, those people really need to be much larger in the shot. even on the large shot, they are too small. a little more foreground interest would have helped too. May have helped to have used a grad and then boosted the contrast/tones in the fore.
    Please have a look and leave a comment or three...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46180527@N03/sets/

Thanks!!!

I will be odd woman out and say I love the split look of the image. It gives it a dueling nature between the heavens and the earth. I could do without the people in it, though. As pointed out they are too small to add to this anyway.
    Dee
    www.amomentisforever.com

I'm leaving my husband for my D3X! I'm in love!!!

Please, feel free to edit the images I submit for critique. I'm a visual kind of gal!

This is a great photo. Did you shoot this as an HDR or did you use a filter? I did something very close to this style of black and white and while back. Very nice! :thumbsup:

This is an image where I am not concerned about the horizon placement. There is enough activity above and below the horizon to keep my interest. As mentioned, correcting the curvature of the horizon would be an major improvement. If mine, I think I'd clone out the people. Not sure if the vignette is intentional, but I think it would be better without it. You've done a nice job of rendering the dynamic range in the image. One thing that would really make it a great shot would be some significant near subject on the beach foreground, like a sea shell, rock, etc. Without that, it is just a nice picture.
    Ken

My Website: His Creation
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky

GB1

This one shows the power of the elements. It stands on its own, doesn't need any man made things. I like it a lot, but also wish there was something in the lower foreground to spice that area up a little. Horizon's ever-so-slightly curved. You can correct that in Photoshop using their Lens Correction filter (Auto or Manual), if you have that software. Nice work.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thread Information