Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Not sure here

Not sure here

Too far away? I have a tendency to try to capture too much in one shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Not sure here-barn-ii.jpg  
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: Not sure here

Looks like a 2000 piece jigsaw to me. The kind with lots of detail that is hideous to complete.
    The more I look, the more I see, the more I like it.
    The deer(?) near right and the snow front left pin the foreground.
    The fences, trees and buildings have the mid ground, and the mountains are great background.
    Detail is good
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

I don't think so in this particular shot, the red barn is important to the picture, it gives the eye something to look at that is different from the rest of the picture. So much organic matter around, than this red human structure set off from the middle just a wee bit.

This blown up would be really great.

I would agree with you here in that there is maybe too much included in the scene, but there is so much interesting elements here that it is successful in holding ones attention.
    there can be lots of really good shots had with that Red Barn, green silo, wood fence and mountains in the bg. In the right light . . . .
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

MB1

Re: In the right light.

Quote Originally Posted by gahspidy
    I would agree with you here in that there is maybe too much included in the scene, but there is so much interesting elements here that it is successful in holding ones attention.
    there can be lots of really good shots had with that Red Barn, green silo, wood fence and mountains in the bg. In the right light . . . .
    Nice composition and lots of good elements but I agree that the correct light is required to push this image over the top. The clear sky and the high contrast cool light keep this from being a first rate landscape.
    No, I DON'T need that.

This was taken about an hour before sunset, the light was already pretty warm, but the sky was nothing but boring on this particular day. Funny thing is that I have driven right by this spot a bunch of times and I have never seen this before, I dont' know how I missed it. I took a couple of shots just up the road from here and was already rapidly losing light. This is a difficult place to get good light because the Absaroka range is about 60 miles to the west of this location and the sun sets fast here. Another thing is I thought I processed this one too far toward warm already. I guess I can go a little farther next time. Thanks for the comments.
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

Thread Information