Baby in a Basket

Printable View

• 10-10-2013, 10:37 PM
    juand731
    Baby in a Basket
    Baby in Basket...

Still sharpening my skills, the link also shows my other work please feel free to comment on everything, the more critique I get the more I can grow.

500px / Basket Baby by Juan Ocampo
  • 10-11-2013, 07:38 AM
    CLKunst
    Re: Baby in a Basket
    Hi Juan,

Welcome to the forum. You're absolutely correct, critique = growth.
    You'll get more response from attaching and posting an image in your message. Not everyone likes to click over to another site and few have time for an entire web site review.

You've got a solid start here, she's a lovely baby. A few technical points, the overall scene is muddy color wise. I'm not sure if this is post processing for a look or just the result of an under-lit white background with a mixed lighting scene. Make sure to white balance in camera for the best shot at getting the light and color right at the time.

I think the basket is competing for attention with the subject. I understand it's a full length but I find myself wanting to examine the basket instead of the baby. It's very dark compared with all the light pastels.

Also her face seems a little too soft, I noticed you shot this at f1.8 ISO 200. Give your dof some more room and turn up the ISO or be very specific about where you put the focal plane. Right now it's hovering around the front edge of the basket and her closest eye.
  • 10-11-2013, 07:39 PM
    juand731
    Thank you for those points.... def needed something like that!
  • 10-17-2013, 01:14 PM
    GB1
    Very artsy. I bet the parents like the shot. Seems a bit soft in focus, but I think this might add to the feeling. Nice work ...
    G
  • 10-28-2013, 09:28 PM
    Allen23
    Quote:

Originally Posted by juand731 View Post
    Baby in Basket...

Still sharpening my skills, the link also shows my other work please feel free to comment on everything, the more critique I get the more I can grow.

Cute baby and nice photography...