Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Latest Stuff pt. 2

As has been my habi of late, I've posted all these in the nature board over the last two weeks, but would appreciate any thoughts and comments you may have. #1, #2, and #4 with a Nikon D70 and #3 and #5 with a Nikon D50. All were taken with a Sigma 50-500mm lens at 1/500 and f/6.3 or f/8, except #4, which was a Nikon 500mm mirror lens. I also used an SB-800 flash for #5.

Last edited by Lava Lamp; 02-26-2006 at 09:37 PM.

Re: Latest Stuff pt. 2

LL,

My only critique is that in number 1 I would leave a bit more space for the reflection.

other than that they all looked very good to me.

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

These are great, the second image stands out to me, I really like the blurred background and the sharpness of the bird and the posture, really nice work. While I really like the reflections at the top of the first picture, the reflection of the bird's head is a little too distorted, obviously nothing you could do about that other than take your chances and wait...The colours in the fourth image are also very interesting and it almost looks as though the scene could be of an arificial duck it is so calm! Great stuff, keep them coming!!

Herriot

Really nice LL. I really like the duck in the duckweed and the dove against that beautiful background.
    ----------------------------

LL I think as others stated these are all very nice shots. you are sure making great use of that Sigma 50-500 mm lens. i like the last one #5 the best. It's composition is very simple and yet powerful. the third image troubles me with the branch in fron t of the bird. And number one, i agree with rogers comments. good work
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information