around the bend

Printable View

• 02-19-2004, 11:23 AM
    bingo pajama
    1 Attachment(s)
    around the bend
    a shot i took a while back, but played with it a bit in ps...
    what do you think?
  • 02-19-2004, 11:54 AM
    PuckJunkey
    Impressive.
    I really like the way the roots and rocks and the bottom of the image are softened a bit but not blurry. It really adds to the surreal nature of the scene; sort of feels like "Middle Earth".

:)

You've also added some hint of warmth to the image, which I like. The only issue I can see at first glance is the small flare in the center of the image. The sun-burst area is cool looking but maybe a tiny bit overexposed. Hard to say....
  • 02-20-2004, 08:25 AM
    bingo pajama
    thanks for the input. the softness happened somewhat by accident- i was using neat image to clean up some noise on the original and the result was what you see. instead of trashing it, i thot the outcome was pretty cool. anyway, thanks for viewing!
  • 02-20-2004, 08:31 AM
    PuckJunkey
    You bet. By all means keep more shots like these coming. Accidental or not you've found a very interesting way to retouch your images, and with a very positive impact I'd say.
  • 02-20-2004, 09:04 AM
    natatbeach
    Such a nice ethereal feel...I think this is a beautiful (artistic) shot...I wondered how it had ended up so "foggy" and misty....Is this a place you can go back to? seems as if there's nice photo ops...
  • 02-20-2004, 10:51 AM
    bingo pajama
    1 Attachment(s)
    yeah, this is a beautiful place. this shot was taken on ouzel falls trail in rocky mountain national park. this is what's waiting for you further on...
  • 02-20-2004, 09:52 PM
    jeff_in_ak
    Awesome shots both. I have a "thing" for waterfalls, viewing and photographing them. This is a fantastic picture and a very nice touch in B&W. Well done. I also like the first image, the trail.
    Kinda beckons you to follow. Thanks for sharing these, they are very good indeed.

jeff
    p.s. I would have to make a nice big print of that waterfall and put it on the wall.