Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Morning Sky

Morning Sky

Not sure if this will work for anyone or not. This scene caught my eye and I turned around and went back to try and capture what the minds eye had seen as I passed by but I never was able to get just what I wanted. Horse and tree were taken against an early morning sky. Fuji FinePix S602Z, ISO 200
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Morning Sky-alone-2.jpg  

I really like this, definitely a shot I would attempt.

Not sure why I like this sort of thing. To me, it says a lot without showing you much at all. A sort of trigger to the imagination. Simple, strong lines, two elements of interest, and plenty of nice color. Dunno, this sort of stuff just really works for me...
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Yes, this is nice and powerful in a way I'm not sure how to describe. Great framing and comp, just wish the whole image were a slight bit sharper. . . but not to say it does not work , it does.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

definitely sharper would be better--- but great eye for simple lines and for the beaituful rich colors. I REALLY like this one... less is definitely better in this shot
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thanks

Thanks to you guys for commmenting on this simple image. That is just what I was going for a non cluttered photo that invoked a little thought. I originally thought I wanted a straight silhouette but after seeing the rich colors decided on another direction. I would have liked it to be a little sharper, but thought it sill caputured the mood I was after. Thanks again for commenting.

That is quite an elusive moment you captured. From a technical standpoint it's not quite in focus, but it's still a very powerful image IMO. Kind of reminds me of the "Logo" for Six Feet Under (HBO television series)... the baren tree on the hill. Only here there is a living creature sort of juxtaposed to this tree, and it has an interesting pose.

You could read a lot of interpretations into it, which is why I think I like it so much.

Nice catch.
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

i've been looking at this one off and on for a couple days now. i liked it right away, and have read the comments by others here. i hadn't yet posted because i wanted to pinpoint what exactly i like about it. so here goes what others have said is true - the simple lines, the tree, and the pose of the horse all add up just right here. very simple image but powerful. for me, the magic is because i almost see this as a snapshot from a movie western. somehow, and not to be morbid, i can almost hear a gunshot echoing n the air, and the rider has just collapsed off the horse and out of our field of view. the horse is sort of listless in response.

of course, there's no saddle or other equipment! and in my mind's eye, it's a grainy b&w photo

probably a weird interpretation, but that's the feeling that this image invokes

Thread Information