• 02-16-2004, 07:35 PM
    CB Photo
    1 Attachment(s)
    Another Storm Cloud B&W shot
    Shot June 2002 at Pawleys Island SC. It was such a wet week, it rained 7 straight days! This is where the Atlantic comes in to the creek and is a great palce to hng out and fish so the good thing about the rain is it ran everybody off. It was high tide and right around 1 PM.

Nikon F100
    Tmax 100...(I bracket sometime and this shots is the -1 stop shot. I like the grain)
    28-85 mm
    Tmax developer
    Scanned with Epson 3170 Photo

Please let me know what you think!!!

Chris
  • 02-16-2004, 08:54 PM
    gahspidy
    Hey Chris,

I think this is a good shot. I dig the clouds and the contrast of the rocks or pyles in the water against the breaking surf. Composition is very nice as well. Did you have any filter on the lens. I am looking to shoot my first roll of b&w. I have Ilford HP5 400. But I wanted to get a yello and an orange filter so I could shoot the same scene with different filters and see what the effects are. Good one
  • 02-16-2004, 09:57 PM
    stew
    Another great shot! I liked your first post as well... i notice a theme between the two is the clouds look very dramatic. very well done, imho.
  • 02-17-2004, 10:28 AM
    bingo pajama
    very nice. love the composition and the contrast. i like the mood it invokes. well done!
  • 02-17-2004, 07:12 PM
    CB Photo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gahspidy
    Hey Chris,

I think this is a good shot. I dig the clouds and the contrast of the rocks or pyles in the water against the breaking surf. Composition is very nice as well. Did you have any filter on the lens. I am looking to shoot my first roll of b&w. I have Ilford HP5 400. But I wanted to get a yello and an orange filter so I could shoot the same scene with different filters and see what the effects are. Good one

Gary: I did not use a filter on this shot. I do use Red, Green and Yellow with my B&W film. I like Ilford 400, it is a good film. I have like 6 rolls of it I plan to shoot soon.

Post your B&W shots once you complete them and thanks for the comments on my shot!!

CB
  • 02-17-2004, 08:22 PM
    another view
    Lots of strong diagonal lines, I like this one better than the last one. There's also alot of parallel lines to it too - the way the break in the clouds follows the parallel lines of the breakwater(? or old pier?) and the water line on the sand. Very moody.