Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

another gratuitous bikini shot...

Sara, wearing a Chynna Dolls bikini.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails another gratuitous bikini shot...-web_jje3276.jpg  

Re: another gratuitous bikini shot...

Photos like this make me want to lose about 20yrs and move to Florida.......
    This one feels a bit too contrasty.
    Nice bikini by the way.
    Look through a glass eye.
    Give it a few tries.
    Nothing goes right in its time.
    --Tally Hall--

GB1

Ohh Jet, so close! I can live with the contrast, but the background is distracting. Nice pose by the model and good job lighting her. I think her shoulders could be a tad more relaxed, esp her right one. Seems like a runway pose in the woods? .. quirky like that.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Very nice shot =)

perhaps a little fill flash on the left can help a bit

The light doesn't work with the ambient light, the light intensity and color balance difference make the use of a flash way too evident in the image. Outstanding job lighting the model, as usual, but I think this is a poorly lit scene.

I think the only reason the background is "distracting" is because its so dull and flat, feels so totally seperated from the foreground scene. If the light in the foreground matched on the boat in the back, I think the image would look a lot better.

The position of her riight arm and the angle of her wrist with the fingers spread looks almost fricky
    and have to agree the contrast is odd between model and background
    A beatiful model

Quote Originally Posted by Anbesol View Post
    The light doesn't work with the ambient light, the light intensity and color balance difference make the use of a flash way too evident in the image. Outstanding job lighting the model, as usual, but I think this is a poorly lit scene.

I think the only reason the background is "distracting" is because its so dull and flat, feels so totally seperated from the foreground scene. If the light in the foreground matched on the boat in the back, I think the image would look a lot better.
    Well, you nailed my main concern. I wasn't happy with the background overall in the original capture, and tried a bunch of different things to get it to "gel" better. Not sure where to go next without completely replacing the background scene...

Here it is straight out of the camera:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails another gratuitous bikini shot...-orig_jje3276.jpg  

to me the light in the sooc looks better balanced

Looks much better SOOC, Jim. The model still pops, although yes the bg is a bit busy and I see why you tried toning it down. I think a simple thing here like removing that wire going up between the trees on the left and softly tuning down the brightness back there would help. Her pose is fine i feel, and the light and skin tones are very good.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information