• 09-25-2006, 09:50 AM
    hardmongo
    aluminum man
    ...well.... what do you think?

http://hardmongo.kontrax.net/gallery/00045.jpg
  • 09-25-2006, 11:00 AM
    Chrislowshow
    Re: aluminum man
    i like the "through the tube" effect going on, but evey time i look at it my jaw starts to hurt lol, but dont worry, that happens when i see metal everywhere or hear metal on glass, its great though the shadows on the left side of the body throw it off some
  • 09-25-2006, 01:38 PM
    jbaldocchi
    Reminds me of the rock band the TUBES. Either that or bake at 450 for 4hrs.

Cheers,

Jim B.
  • 09-25-2006, 02:58 PM
    Brian001
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jbaldocchi
    Either that or bake at 450 for 4hrs.

Cheers,

Jim B.

that made me spit my pop :p :D
  • 09-25-2006, 03:04 PM
    F-15_Flyer
    Very interesting picture, I find my self looking at it repeatedly, almost endlessly, can't get enough of it. It's very alien like.
  • 09-25-2006, 03:34 PM
    Chrislowshow
    hmmm i just noticed how it looks like he is hovering above the floor.....
  • 09-25-2006, 07:15 PM
    gahspidy
    Great weird factor here. Definetely intrigueing by its bizarre appearance. Aesthetically, though, I feel like i need to see the subject stand out more from the background. His aluminum shorts and headwear is blending in with the aluminum back drop, and the lighting is very dim. I realize you wanted the lighting low and mysterious, but i think the subject could be brought out and illuminated more without losing the mystery. Actually, ther torso is well, but maybe bringing out the legs and more of the head the same would help.
  • 09-25-2006, 07:34 PM
    CLKunst
    This reminds me of the beginning of an American "B" Science Fiction Movie from the 1950's. I usually expect aluminum to be brighter and shinier looking but the veiled feeling of grey tones here is appealing to me; more cinematic in its styling. If I could suggest anything it would be to dodge the deeper shadows on the shoulders and torso so they don't appear to cut up the body so much.

Cool idea!

Regards,