Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: my favs

my favs

please tell me what you think about my favorite pics that i have taken, most of these were with my crappy Kodak point-and-shoot, but the first one and only the first one is with my new Cannon Rebel EOS T1i.

This one is by far my favorite i have taken, I love guns.

Thanks for you time!

Re: my favs

I like the composition of the first shot I only wish you had focused more on the close shells or the far away ones instead of bluring both.

John

Welcome to PR, first of all!

I like the composition in #1. As John said, a sharper focus in the foreground would have improved it, however, IMO, you do have the sharpest focus where it needs to be. I like the tilt.

I like #4 sunset even though the sun is a little bright. Though I haven't been at this a long time, I can see where you could improve with the other shots, most notably not enough detail in shadows or harsh light.

This is a great place to learn! (and I have seen the advice that if you will post your pics one at a time, you usually get a greater response)

Keep posting, and offer critiques as well -- I am not nearly as qualified as the majority here, but it does make you really look, and therefore, learn. Happy clicking!

Your editing is welcomed. A picture is worth...

All can look. Few will see. Less will know.

The Truth can be anything it will. I just want to know Truth.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

First, welcome to the forums.
    Second, please only post one picture at a time for critique. Very difficult to critique such a wide variety. If you want to post some related or which is better that would be alright.
    I've seen that first shot way too many times. Every time I take a little road trip up in the hills.eitru
    Usually accompanied by a bunch of beer cans, shot up cars, and other such signs of humanities attempt to improve nature.
    I'd like more depth of field and to not have parts of shells sticking out of the frame but otherwise like it.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shebang
    Welcome to PR, first of all!

I like the composition in #1. As John said, a sharper focus in the foreground would have improved it, however, IMO, you do have the sharpest focus where it needs to be. I like the tilt.

I like #4 sunset even though the sun is a little bright. Though I haven't been at this a long time, I can see where you could improve with the other shots, most notably not enough detail in shadows or harsh light.

This is a great place to learn! (and I have seen the advice that if you will post your pics one at a time, you usually get a greater response)

Keep posting, and offer critiques as well -- I am not nearly as qualified as the majority here, but it does make you really look, and therefore, learn. Happy clicking!
    I agree with this 100%

Thread Information