Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Flying legs!

Flying legs!

Had a busy sports shooting day today. Came up with this one - bodies and legs flying everywhere.

What do you all reckon?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flying legs!-pf71.jpg  
    Sport in Essex in Pictures
    <a href="http://www.tgsphoto.co.uk"><strong>www.tgsphoto.co.uk</strong></a>

I think this captures the busy-ness of the game and the constant action. The fact that there's one guy from one team and four guys from the other team surrounding him adds emotion to the shot. The only thing that would make that point stand out better, would be if the teams wore different colors, but that's not something in your control. Nice work.

gmen...

I'm so not a sports fan and I can't beleive I'm replying to this post. I think the colors are so vivid and the thing I like is that all those arms and legs in the middle bunch kind of lead up to that hand that aims toward the ball at the top. I think it shows wonderful movement. I'm so shocked that soccer has so much jumping around, I thought they only kick the ball and hit it with their heads. It's also a funny thing to look at. I think its a very good shot.
    Kit

Great Composition

I love the picture as a whole... how the players are "stacked" upon each other, almost the way a sculptor would portray them. They all work together as one element.
    Then, you get a chuckle when you notice the facial expression of the guy on top as he's shielding himself from an errant kick.

Great photo

Football isn't always like this sadly! Somebody suggested that I clone the ball out and put the picture on my website as a 'Spot The Ball' competition... might just do that!
    Sport in Essex in Pictures
    <a href="http://www.tgsphoto.co.uk"><strong>www.tgsphoto.co.uk</strong></a>

Thread Information