Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

All Roads Under Heaven

I had a strange "need" to process this photo in an odd way - there is really very information on the bottom 25% of the histogram. Also, I chose very odd crop - with only a sliver of sea on the bottom of the photo. It is odd, because it feel this was my "artistic" interpretation of what I saw ...and I chose to "break the rules" - at least some of them. What do you think? Does it work?
    By the way: the rock on the right is Gibraltar - the land on the left is Africa.

500px / All Roads Under Heaven by Stevan Tontich

Re: All Roads Under Heaven

Just a bit more ground would have helped. The sky is great.

Re: All Roads Under Heaven

Oh wow! This one does take some effort on the part of the viewer. But that effort is rewarded. I think it could benefit from a bit more foreground. Even once I realized what was going on, it still felt a little bit like a border and not real content. But I still like it.

Any reason why you're posting a link to 500px instead of uploading here? If it's because of previous upload problems, I believe we have them all fixed now. If you're having problems with the upload still, please let me know.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information