Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Say Hello To My Little Film

Fishy Looking Abstract

Just wondering what everyone thinks of this. I think it's a pretty cool looking abstract formation on cement. I'd appreciate any comments about the composition or possible crops.
    This was taken with an EOS 1n, 50 f/1.4, on Fuji Velvia film. Any and all comments/critiques are welcome.

-Nate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fishy Looking Abstract-absraction2.jpg  

Nice!

This is a really interesting abstraction you've created here. The only thing that bugs me is the little black spot at top left. I would crop that much off the left side, and an equal amount off the bottom to keep the proportions in check. I really like that one... a good study of color, line and texture in one shot.
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

Say Hello To My Little Film
    Thanks for the comments. I also thought the black spot was a tad distracting but decided to leave it there to see what others think.

Thread Information