Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Derek Solarized

I Climb Rocks

Derek Solarized

This is just a shot that i took and solarized. I like the way his hair turned out the best. Sorry the scan is really crappy, anyway let me know what ya think. Thanks

Devin
    "Im Not Running Anymore"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Derek Solarized-derek-solarized1.jpg  
    I felt I had to do something, So i walked and...

Re: Derek Solarized

Quote Originally Posted by metoliusdmm
    This is just a shot that i took and solarized. I like the way his hair turned out the best. Sorry the scan is really crappy, anyway let me know what ya think. Thanks

Devin
    "Im Not Running Anymore"
    If this is from a crappy scan the print must be really terrific. Do you try many solarized prints? What makes a good subject for solarization?

I Climb Rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    If this is from a crappy scan the print must be really terrific. Do you try many solarized prints? What makes a good subject for solarization?
    Thanks, i haev onlt done a few, and this one is my absolute favorite, i have one other i think i might scan and put on the site, we'll see though. Anything that has good light on it, soething bright. People work really good. If it has alot of detail it wont work the best. Flowers aren't the best. People i have found work out the best, I have also seen a wine glass with a little bit of water in it with the sun going into the glass. I have seen that solarized and it looks so cool. You should try it. It has to be done on an enlarger, i just did it becasue the school i go to where i take my photo class only does black and white so this was one of our assignments. Let me know if you have acesess to an elarger and i can tell you how to do one.

Devin
    I felt I had to do something, So i walked and...

Quote Originally Posted by metoliusdmm
    Let me know if you have acesess to an elarger and i can tell you how to do one.

Devin
    Thanks for the offer, but I've gotten out of the B/W developing. I did try some but have never been as succuessful as you have. Have you tried making a contact print from your print?

Thread Information