Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Abstract Space Needle

All right, I have to go through Photobucket to post instead of directly from the computer. So, I am reposting a shot.
    I recently visited Seattle and I wanted something a little bit different.

Re: Abstract Space Needle

Wow! I dig this, Arne! I like the distortion and the colors but can't help wondering if it's too distorted. If you didn't say what the subject was, I'm not sure if I'd know. Does it matter to you if the viewer knows? Would it work without the title?

By the way, sorry about the upload problems. We had a pretty catastrophic gallery server failure and we're still sorting out the final issues. I thought the forum upload was pretty much back to normal, though. Can you give it another shot and see if it works? Maybe upload another image from this shoot.

Thanks for sharing!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Abstract Space Needle

I really like the colors and the fact that you can CLEARLY tell it is a reflection, however I am inclined to agree, perhaps it is a bit too distorted? Had you not said what it was it almost looks like a ferris wheel or some other type of carnival ride. I do love that you tried something different though, that is how great photos are made!

Thread Information