Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    I'm a Lumberjack and I'm OK daiv07's Avatar

What do you think of this?

What does everyone think of this photo? I took it a while back, think Kodak TMax 100 with a cannon rebel G, 28-90 stock zoom lens. All i can remember.

All comments welcome!

Thanks.
    Daiv.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What do you think of this?-flowers.jpg  

I don't feel there is enough contrast and defintion going on in this to get it to work. It looks very flat, to me. You can try adjusting the levels to define it a bit more. I think this shot would have worked nicely in color. Just my thoughts . . . .
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Simple subject

This is a very simple subject but one that can give me fits. IMHO your image lacks a central point of focus some place for the eye to gravitate to and say, "oh yeah I see what the photographer saw in this photo". The image seems a little flat needs to be pumped up a bit. Even though this is a simple subject and one that attracts many of us to get the camera out and into action it is not alway an easy one to photograph. Keep trying and posting. Nice effort.

Thread Information