1 Attachment(s)
    99.9 % Heavy Metal
    Hi All,
    What do you think about this shot?
    yoyo
  • 08-09-2005, 07:42 AM
    gahspidy
    Re: 99.9 % Heavy Metal
    I like this Yoyo. It is absurdly busy, but effective and the title goes well. i also like your post processing in this image getting it to look like a sketch. . .drawn with charcoal or to that effect. This would work well in a collection of shots of this subject and edit.
  • 08-09-2005, 08:58 AM
    Chunk
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoyo Szeto
    Hi All,
    What do you think about this shot?
    yoyo

You certainly give us a lot to think about Yoyo!

I find this shot too busy and overpowering but find the appearence of the shot fascinating. Was this solarized? I like the almost fluid appearence of the the metal. Have you looked at the inverse of this shot? I think I prefer that. There are other scenes within this one that would make less busy but still attractive shots. Here's one I like but there are others (horizontal of the same area, some in the more structual upper part of the frame) I like as well. Although I found the whole frame overwhelming, I still spent al lot of time looking at it so I have to classify it as successful.
  • 08-09-2005, 09:21 AM
    Yoyo Szeto
    2 Attachment(s)
    Hi Gary, Long time no see. Hope you are doing well. Thanks for the analysis of the shot and the suggestion.

Hi Chunk, Thanks a lot for the analysis. I used the PS curves (see the attached) to obtain the result. I have also inverted the image. What do you think?

yoyo
  • 08-09-2005, 03:36 PM
    Chunk
    Whan an innovative use of curves. I think the inverted image is easier for the brain to handle, giving dark shadows where expected.
  • 08-10-2005, 03:14 AM
    Yoyo Szeto
    Hi Chunk, The curves technique is from the book "How to cheat in Photoshop".
    yoyo