Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    drg

'62 Impala SS -Clean!

There are occaisionally perks to work beyond money and doing what you like, this is a car that I've been trying to get more than casual access too for some time.

Eureka, Success, hoping to do a whole layout on this one, tentavely scheduled for July.

You may have to be a car nut to enjoy this, I hope not. This one of the first I edited last night and today after shooting yesterday evening at sunset.

Larger Version in Gallery-Click Here

This car is in what as known as factory original condition. It has some VERY rare trim.

-C
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails '62 Impala SS -Clean!-impala62sm.jpg  
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

Seb

Re: '62 Impala SS -Clean!

Quote Originally Posted by drg
    There are occaisionally perks to work beyond money and doing what you like, this is a car that I've been trying to get more than casual access too for some time.

Eureka, Success, hoping to do a whole layout on this one, tentavely scheduled for July.

You may have to be a car nut to enjoy this, I hope not. This one of the first I edited last night and today after shooting yesterday evening at sunset.

This car is in what as known as factory original condition. It has some VERY rare trim.

-C
    I am not really knowledgeable about older cars but I can easily enjoy the particular design and the neat fit and finish of this dashboard. I think that you did a good job at rendering the textures of the materials and I like the composition. I am wondering if it isn't a little overexposed though (then maybe not, I can't quite make my mind about this).

Seb

Dear drg,

I like the red! The cars of the fifties and the sixties always had that lovely combination of chrome and color. My only nitpick is the orange white glare on the steering wheel. It is a tad distracting. Great photo.

Drew
    "But what is strength without a double share of wisdom." John Milton

Lost Planet Cameraman #8

Good photo, its just like im sitting behind the weel . Only one thing here that bothers me is the lighting ,the sunlight is destroying the rich red color. Cant wait to C the rest of your photos of this car

drg

Thanks for all the good feedback and suggestions.

This was pretty much straight out of the camera, with a little cropping and resizing and the necessary sharpening.

The sun wasn't overly helpful, it was that "golden hour" which isn't my favorite time always for some things.

I think the orange glow on the inside of the wheel might be interesting if it's manipulated some, otherwise it will be replaced with the the "appropriate red".

The colors are actually pretty close, or so the spyder says with the color swatch I stuck in the corner and cropped out. Its a little closer to Hi Key than originally intended.

This was really a quickie, I like this car and will post more later. It will be in the studio later this summer where the lighting will be far more controllable.

Hope you enjoyed.
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

GB1

The colors are nice and the geometry is really interesting here. My only nitpick is the lower left door: might want to open the door for the pic next time.

Pretty car

Thread Information