Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: #2

Re: #2

Nice work Tuna. Wonderful tones. This works well as a B&W
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Agree that this works well but I am left wondering what the girl is looking at so find myself wishing that there was a bit more space to the left of the frame.

GB1

I agree with Greg and Herriot - nice gray tones but a bit too much mystery as to what she's looking at.

Gb
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

It's a sad little shot in ways as the little girl is wearing an outfit that is miles too big for her. She looks isolated and lonely away from everyone else as though noone will play with her. I hope I have got this all wrong but it is my initial reading. The people are interestingly settled and out of full focus in the top of the frame giving great depth or should I say height.
    Very nice Tuna.
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

It's a fascinating kind of shot, because you wonder exactly what's going on. Is she contagious? Is she waiting for her turn in the game? Is she merely getting a rest? The aura of isolation jumps out at you in this one. I do agree that perhaps it would be good to see what she's looking at. Still a nice capture, and the b&w treatment is a good one.
    John
    PLEASE ASK BEFORE MAKING ANY EDITS. THANK YOU.

If I care enough to leave a critique or comment on your work, please return the favor.

My Aviation photos:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/addiesgranddaddy

Everything else:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/9367218@N03/

Had he put more on the left then none of you would be left wondering. I think he did a good job.

Greg, Herriott, GB, Tom, John and Shooter Tiff - he thanks you.

Tuna

I like the lack of additional space on the left. If there were another girl sitting there waiting for her time in the game, that would have taken the feeling of isolation of the pic. Great in b & w.

I spent a few minutes looking for #1 before I opened this. I didn't want to see them out of order. When I finally clicked I was like... D'OH! :P

Anyway, this is a great little snap. It doesn't really compare to your usual stuff, but it has a lot of heart. There seems to be a slight purple cast to the image, but taht could just be my screen. The angle seems a bit high to me, but that is more a personal issue I think.

Thanks for sharing!
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Thread Information