Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Check out our D300 Pro Review! deckcadet's Avatar

My Sister at her baby's Bris

Hi!
    Thought I'd post this picture that we took at my nephew's bris. This is about a week after he was born. She had always said no pictures but since the baby she lightned up. This picture was just taken of everything but it sort of strikes me that she is so muted compared to the rest of the photo, making her stand out. I think she looks great. Taken with a 4 mp or so consumer sony cybershot...left my nikon at home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Sister at her baby's Bris-my-nephew-dylans-bris-11-8-04-020a.jpg  
    Harrison
    Nikon Forum / Digital SLR Forum Moderator | moderator bio
    Check out our new Nikon D300 Pro Review D3 review coming soon...
    Nikon Samurai #9 | NPS Member
    10 Lenses • 5 Bodies • 3 Macs • 1 Sore Back

Re: My Sister at her baby's Bris

Quote Originally Posted by deckcadet
    Hi!
    Thought I'd post this picture that we took at my nephew's bris. This is about a week after he was born. She had always said no pictures but since the baby she lightned up. This picture was just taken of everything but it sort of strikes me that she is so muted compared to the rest of the photo, making her stand out. I think she looks great. Taken with a 4 mp or so consumer sony cybershot...left my nikon at home.
    Well, it's a nice picture of your sister -- good light, nice smile -- but the rest is kind of all ajumble. Some of the people are cut in half and I find myself looking at the guyin red the most, which probably wasn't your intention. If you could have gotten the baby, the rabbi, and your sister, I think that would be better.

Check out our D300 Pro Review! deckcadet's Avatar

I'm not sure if I was the one who took it or if it was my other sister, we were switching. It wasn't a situation where we had time to line up and set up, this was mid-ceremony and the opportunity was there. I was kinda struck by how her being so light compared to everything else almost makes her stand out. This is still the raw unedited version of the pic.
    Harrison
    Nikon Forum / Digital SLR Forum Moderator | moderator bio
    Check out our new Nikon D300 Pro Review D3 review coming soon...
    Nikon Samurai #9 | NPS Member
    10 Lenses • 5 Bodies • 3 Macs • 1 Sore Back

Professional nose picker

You sister is hardly visable because the Mohel is in the way.
    By the way, It's pronounced 'britt', not 'bris'. The correct word, though, is Britt-Mi'lla. But nobody says the whole word..

Thread Information