Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: *-*-*

Re: *-*-*

An interesting glimpse into a piece of time . . . I like the framing and the shallow dof of field. The blur of the window frame almost looks like motion blur, but it would be just out of focus. Works very well.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

I saw the title on the main forum page and immediately thought "Tuna" without even seeing who posted.

Interesting shot, great framing and excellent clarity on the people.
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

I agree with Gary's statements. Well done Tuna.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

This one isn't working for me. You have interesting focused subjects in the center and as my eyes try to pick out more I find only blurry surroundings with nothing to catch my eye.
    I think a wider view of the window might help.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

I'm with Frog on this one. I would like if there was a little more seperation between the people especially as some of them are getting mixed up with what I see behind them. The "motion blur" that Gary refers to also seems to extend to both sides, especially the right as we look.
    Would I be right if Tuna added some of this for a particular reason? Maybe he was driving past and decided to have a quick go at this.
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Quote Originally Posted by Overbeyond
    I'm with Frog on this one. I would like if there was a little more seperation between the people especially as some of them are getting mixed up with what I see behind them. The "motion blur" that Gary refers to also seems to extend to both sides, especially the right as we look.
    Would I be right if Tuna added some of this for a particular reason? Maybe he was driving past and decided to have a quick go at this.
    Tom, I initially thought there was motion blur here as if this was shot on the move, but then the subjects in the room would have been blurred as well. Then I figured this was blur from a very shallow dof but I see blur in some elements that seem to be at the same distance as those that are sharp. My guess is that there was blur added in Post processing, which is fine with me. I usually find Tuna's pp to be very effective in many of his works. Tuna, perhaps you would clarify this aspect for us . . .
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

there seems to be a circular swirl going on here keeping center in focus. You can see it best in the window sill below.
    Please ask to edit photos and I'll do the same! :thumbsup:
    Thx, Rod
    http://krimingerphotography.printroom.com

Quote Originally Posted by gahspidy
    Tom, I initially thought there was motion blur here as if this was shot on the move, but then the subjects in the room would have been blurred as well. Then I figured this was blur from a very shallow dof but I see blur in some elements that seem to be at the same distance as those that are sharp. My guess is that there was blur added in Post processing, which is fine with me. I usually find Tuna's pp to be very effective in many of his works. Tuna, perhaps you would clarify this aspect for us . . .
    Yes indeed gary the "motion blur"does not look anything like motion blur. We need to hear from the man himself here. What the hell is he up to here now
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Sorry for the delay in response, gentlemen. I've been to a wedding at a vineyard and this combination proved to be an inebriating experience.

A touch of selective radial and gaussian blur added (in Photoshop) - I suppose a passable title could have been "As The World Turns"...

Tuna

GB1

It has a neat feel to it Tuna, but I really think I'd like it better w/o the bottom window frame in there. The sides are OK and even preferable, just not the bottom. I like the blur. The whole thing has a comical feel about it, nostalgic too

Gb
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Tuna,

I've delayed commenting on this as each time I look at it I go through lots of different emotions when seeing it. That to me on its own makes it a great photo.

I like how the blur focuses in on the people while still keeping the atmosphere of the place alive.

The clothes look as if they come from the 30's but then the chap in shorts says modern times.

Your photo makes this look like an inviting place to visit.

Nicely done.

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Thread Information