Yup ..... Freekin' Awwwwesome !!

There was a citywide art contest a couple of months ago, and to enter and display your art, you needed a "Vendor" ....... Mine was a Coffee Shop/Bistro on the Main street
    in town...... I didnt' win, but got my share of votes..

I took a couple of weeks to travel to San Diego and the surrounding areas to get some new shots, and got a call from the owner of the Bistro while I was down there .... wanting to know if I wanted to be an "Artist of the Month" at her shop. She'd empty her walls, and I can fill her shop with my photos! I jumped on it, and last Friday was an Ad in the local
    paper about me including a biography and Artists Statement.... I just put up 21 photos with descriptions and prices, and she put up my name on the large Marquee on the street... "Featured Artist for July is Rick Otto - come in and enjoy the photographs"

Went by this morning and the local TV station was in the parking lot taking film of the Marquee - I went inside later and was advised that the TV station also went into the
    shop and took video of all my pictures on the wall, and asked some questions about me..

I just got a call from a friend who knew I was a photographer, but has never had the occasion to see any of my pictures...... she was driving down the street, saw my name, and
    went inside .... complimented me on my stuff..

Sorry, but .................. this is just freekin' awesome !

R

Re: Yup ..... Freekin' Awwwwesome !!

Rick
    That is just great. It is always great rather a beginner or pro when you can see your work appreciated and your name in lights. Just that little ego boost can even help inspire you to take your are just a little farther. I recently had a similar experience and I smiled for days.
    Keep up the great work.

Congratulations!

Keep up the good work and congratulations! Jeff :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

That's great Rick! :23:
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

From the designing to the handover & everything in between, we make sure you are satisfied with the job!
    screed companies dubai

Thread Information