No model release

Hello Everyone

I loaned my GF some money so i suggested we start a website so we could both make some money and she could pay me back, I had her sign not only a model release form but also an IOU pertaining to the specific amount she owed me. Everything was going good untill she decided she didnt want to pay me back.She deleted our site and started another one with all of our material. I never signed any model release form for her and ive asked her several times to remove the material, Which she not only didnt reply to me but she just keep loading more and more of our old material.The site clearly shows my face in some of the pix and vids, What should i do? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Miguy

Formerly Michael Fanelli, mwfanelli, mfa mwfanelli2's Avatar

Re: No model release

Quote Originally Posted by miguy48329
    Hello Everyone

I loaned my GF some money so i suggested we start a website so we could both make some money and she could pay me back, I had her sign not only a model release form but also an IOU pertaining to the specific amount she owed me. Everything was going good untill she decided she didnt want to pay me back.She deleted our site and started another one with all of our material. I never signed any model release form for her and ive asked her several times to remove the material, Which she not only didnt reply to me but she just keep loading more and more of our old material.The site clearly shows my face in some of the pix and vids, What should i do? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Miguy
    If it truly bothers you, contact a lawyer. You can usually get a quick professional opinion for free... at least here in the US.

Legal advice you get here isn't something you should count on. Even if someone encountered a similar situation, each case is different and "similar" does not mean "the same."

Good luck and let us know.
    “Men never do evil so cheerfully and completely as when they do so from religious conviction.” — Blaise Pascal

It would be interesting to see what a lawyer would say.

If she's making money out of it then you should have a (small) part of it as model and there should be a model release. That's pretty clear.

If you feel you're being slandered, getting a bad reputation etc. then you can sue her for damages.

If not - you were in agreement for publication when it was your site so how can you say now that you're not in agreement for publication? Doesn't stand up.

You would be better off on infringement of copyright - you took the pictures therefore you are the copyright owner. She's using the material without your permission as copyright owner.
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

The responses above are from more knowledgeable people than I but I would definitely not have her as a girlfriend anymore.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

If you just want the photos down, go to http://www.whois.net/
    Find out there who her ISP is and contact them with your story - the photos, if not the entire site will be down within the hour.

Thread Information