Using email address

Printable View

• 08-04-2008, 01:26 PM
    Lori11
    Using email address
    Seeing as I have posted plenty of goofy questions, I'm going to ask one more :p
    Has anyone used their email address as their main contact on a businees card? I can't do this yet as I have had 200 just printed lol however, ugh, well, I sem to be getting more dinner offers than photography jobs from my business cards. I can't NOT give someone a card when they tell me they need a photographer. I'm afraid simply using an email address will make me look like a fly by night business. Anyone have a better idea?
  • 08-04-2008, 02:03 PM
    Kajuah
    Re: Using email address
    Heh I guess depending on your perspective the dinner offer might say they've really taken a liking to you ! I would use an e-mail, I see every business card of any sort out there with an e-mail. One important thing to note is if it's a business oriented e-mail (one's that are exclusively for your business sound better than one you used in highschool: "hot_chix_42904@hotmail.com" or "Coolaid_super_coolkid@aol.com")
  • 08-04-2008, 02:15 PM
    Lori11
    :lol: I have been out of high school 20 years, long before email :( Anyway, I have my business email on there too, I think next time I will not put my phone number on there and only give it out in an email with a request for services. Thanks for not making me feel like a total goof :D
  • 08-05-2008, 09:05 AM
    JETA
    Lori, you need a big giant 6'5" husband like me that everyone is very aware of. :D
  • 08-05-2008, 09:06 AM
    JETA
    Almost forgot....

As long as you have a biz email, I'd take my number off.
  • 08-05-2008, 09:31 AM
    Lori11
    Thanks on both accounts :D I think taking the number off will be easier than the husband thingy, well unless I don't run out of cards soon enough :p thanks, I will do that when reordering. I told one guy if he would hire me I could pay for my own dinner :lol:
  • 08-05-2008, 10:10 AM
    dumpy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori11
    :lol: I have been out of high school 20 years, long before email :( Anyway, I have my business email on there too, I think next time I will not put my phone number on there and only give it out in an email with a request for services. Thanks for not making me feel like a total goof :D

Actually e-mail first appeared around 1965 and the @ sign in 1971. Current standards came about in the early 1980's. (I love Wikipedia)

Back on topic, every business has an e-mail address these days, not putting it on the card is probably worse than having just an e-mail address. What is even better is having a website with an e-mail at that address. Most basic hosting services offer something of this sort and hosting is relatively cheap these days. Just think you could have something like Sales@Lori11photos.com or request@Lori11photos.com or whatever you choose. Now that looks pro. Or you could just have the URL of your website and have mailto: links on the site itself.
  • 08-05-2008, 10:13 AM
    Lori11
    TY for the history :D I have my name, business name, email (business) and phone number, and website on my card. I wish I would have thought to ask this BEFORE I had them printed lol but who knew? Thanks Dumpy :thumbsup:
  • 08-07-2008, 05:33 AM
    Grandpaw
    I would think that if it really is a problem that the price of some new cards would be a cheap solution. If you wait until all the cards you have now are handed out it may be a little late for the change to have the effect your looking for, Jeff
  • 08-07-2008, 02:18 PM
    mn shutterbug
    Quote:

I told one guy if he would hire me I could pay for my own dinner :lol:

Excellent answer, Lori. No stress about dessert this way either. :D
  • 08-07-2008, 03:10 PM
    Lori11
    :lol: darn, I didnt think of dessert! :p
  • 08-08-2008, 05:30 AM
    dumpy
    White out??
  • 09-13-2008, 07:31 PM
    jetrim
    Quote:

I wish I would have thought to ask this BEFORE I had them printed lol but who knew?

Actually, why not go to a place like overnightprints.com and have 100 cards printed up w/o the phone number (they charge like $10) and hand those out to the guys while giving the cards you already have out to the ladies...