• 10-03-2009, 10:47 PM
    katt
    should I change my business name...
    from Kathryn Photography to Katt's Eye (Photos/images/photography ...)

Thanks!
    http://www.photokat.net
  • 10-03-2009, 11:03 PM
    Frog
    Re: should I change my business name...
    There's already a KatsEye. Would be too confusing. http://www.katseyephotography.net/
  • 10-03-2009, 11:15 PM
    byjamesderuvoDHQ
    Not to mention that Kathryn Photography just sounds more professional. It may sound old school, but there's nothing wrong with that. You could go with Photography by Kathryn. Gives it a "Sting" or "Prince" feel to it.
  • 10-04-2009, 09:03 AM
    jetrim
    I like it as it is or as J. DeRuvo suggested Photography by Kathryn it gives an air of professionalism. As for the website, whatever is catchy, easy to remember, and available.
  • 10-04-2009, 09:08 AM
    Greg McCary
    I agree that Kathryn sounds more professional that Katt's. I say leave it as is.
  • 10-04-2009, 11:37 AM
    Photo-John
    I hope you don't mind that I moved your thread to the Business and Law forum. I thought it was more appropriate here.

Personally, I don't care about a professional sounding name. Photo-John is silly as hell, but it's well-established in my market and I'm not changing it. Having a catchy, memorable name is more important, I think. To some extent it depends on the clientelle you're trying to attract, though. There's also the question of brand equity. How long have you been using the name, Kathryn Photography and how well established is it? If a lot of people already know that name, I think it's a good idea to leave it as is. But if that name isn't already well established, and you'd like to change it, go ahead. Just consider the audience you're trying to attract and what you want that name to do.

I like the name Katt's Eye, although I can see there being trouble if someone else is already using Kat's Eye. Those are very similar and you're likely to lose some people just because they spell it wrong when searching on the Web.
  • 10-04-2009, 11:10 PM
    katt
    oops, sorry, i don't usually go past the top few forums.
  • 10-04-2009, 11:12 PM
    katt
    all good points.
    I've had the name Kathryn Photography for about 4 years. I'm not well known, so changing my name wouldn't be a hardship.

hmmm.... kat's eye photography, it doesn't look like she's updated in a while and she's far away from me. Still i understand for webaddresses, that doens't really matter.

food for thought, all of it.
  • 10-05-2009, 08:28 AM
    Photo-John
    Quote:

Originally Posted by katt
    oops, sorry, i don't usually go past the top few forums.

I assumed that was the case. A lot of people don't. Moving threads is one way I can help point people to the other forums here. There are a lot of excellent, more focused forums, like this one :)