CMP

Rant and Rave... my business

So I am doing major discounted specials as low as $25.00 through out the year to get new customers and word of mouth. I think doing an entire session plus all photos and the copyrights for $25 is very low. Yet it seems someone is always wanting to get something for nothing. I just did one my $25 specials and the person persisted in not only complaining but bugging me every few minutes about getting the photos online (it hadn't even been two days and I state two weeks) and then when I get them online within the third day they then complain about the amount. My special is for 10 photos, I gave them over 30, but they said we took over 150 so they should get them all edited! BS! It's just irritating! I no longer have a manger to turn it over to so I figured I'd rant about it on here and see if anyone else has gone through this.

Do you find people want everything for nothing.... do you just truly put your fut down or give in??

Re: Rant and Rave... my business

You're a photographer?

CMP

Um. Yes.
    I have my own photography studio. I have worked at many other studios in the past but never actually opened my own commercial one till this year. So the business side is all new to me plus I learn new things with every session!
    Sara
    Owner of Countless Memories Photography

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Well, I'm not IN the business but it does seem that wanting 150 edited images for $25 is asking for gold bullion with the ketchup.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Stop Or I'll Shoot Photography Lori11's Avatar

Who are you shooting photo's of :lol: heavens, your clients seem a bit difficult. That's exactly why I dont do studio work or weddings :eek6:

Thread Information