Printing Business Cards

Printable View

• 06-10-2008, 02:02 PM
    Lori11
    Printing Business Cards
    Anyone have some suggestions on where to get this done (printing business cards), I do prefer online, and anything but Vista Print.........thanks in advance :wink:
    Lori
  • 06-10-2008, 03:30 PM
    retroactiv
    Re: Printing Business Cards
    I use staples. They were 40 dollars (for 1000 cards) cheaper than everyone I could find on the internet. I also custom made mine and they didn't mess with my file in anyway and printed the cards perfectly.
  • 06-10-2008, 03:56 PM
    ChowChi-Ching
    We use Dittos, a little more expensive at about $70 for 1000 but that is with raised lettering too, so I do not know what the price would be with just normal printing.....
  • 06-10-2008, 05:24 PM
    Lori11
    Thank you both! I will check them out :)
  • 06-10-2008, 09:04 PM
    JETA
    I'm absolutely thrilled with iprint.com.

I got 500 gloss coated UV coated cards for $19.00 plus shipping.
  • 06-10-2008, 09:06 PM
    JETA
    Forgot to add the design is completely mine. You can do as little or as much as you'd like.

I've also had them make me sweatshirts with photos and they did a great job on those too. Always buy things on sale there because everything goes on sale.
  • 06-11-2008, 05:18 AM
    mjs1973
    I used www.mpix.com to have mine done a year or so ago. I ordered them when they were on sale for 1/2 price. I think I paid $10 for a box of 100. A little more expensive than what the others have mentioned, but I was very happy with them. I ordered mine on the stock paper as well as a metallic paper. The stock was much better. I don't even see the metallic paper listed for business cards on their site anymore.
  • 06-11-2008, 06:51 AM
    retroactiv
    I forgot to add mine were rasied lettering too, Staples does raised or flat for the same price.
  • 06-11-2008, 07:27 AM
    Lori11
    Wow, y'all are great, thank you so much :) Im off to get cards!
  • 06-11-2008, 02:31 PM
    SanteePhotog08
    I design and print my own...
  • 07-23-2008, 09:00 AM
    Lori11
    Jetta I used iPrint and am thrilled! Thank you all!
  • 07-23-2008, 12:14 PM
    Kajuah
    What's the point of UV coating on business cards?
  • 07-23-2008, 12:44 PM
    Lori11
    They dont get sunburned :lol: .............seriously, a coating makes them more durable, they dont fade and can handle a little humidity/dampness. Looks good too!
  • 10-18-2008, 06:36 AM
    neusphotography
    what I did was went to walmart bought card stock and a photo cutter and found this website http://www.degraeve.com/business-cards/ and did it myself
  • 10-22-2008, 08:26 AM
    Lori11
    Thanks neusphotography! I will save that link :)
  • 10-22-2008, 03:31 PM
    adina
    mpix and www.whcc.com both have business cards, and you have a couple different papers to choose from.

Can we see the card? :D
  • 10-22-2008, 03:55 PM
    Lori11
    I thought I would get away without showing it lol *sigh I will post it soon
  • 10-22-2008, 04:41 PM
    mjs1973
    I used iprint.com for my last order of cards and was very happy with them.

Here is another company that I heard about last week, but I have no experience with them.

http://www.overnightprints.com/
  • 10-22-2008, 07:03 PM
    JETA
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kajuah
    What's the point of UV coating on business cards?

I believe it's something about the process to get the gloss.
  • 10-23-2008, 03:09 PM
    Lori11
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here you go Adina :p
  • 10-28-2008, 08:27 AM
    Lori11
    Oh crap, I thought this would post smaller...sorry *sigh
  • 12-19-2008, 06:51 PM
    PhotoPixel
    I tried vistaprint once (never again) but I only order from myminicards.com now
    I've used their services about 4 or 5 times so far and never had a problem, they are super fast and I can print different photos so I use their cards like a pocket portfolio, very cool to show what I do when traveling or on the road.
  • 12-19-2008, 08:22 PM
    Ron Kruger
    You can make your own cards with most any word processing program, putting 8 or ten on a page and printing them out on Premimum Photo Paper. Doesn't cost more than the paper they're printed on, and you can simply print more out as you need them. I just carefully cut them out with a scissors.
    Instead of my face, which is handsome enough, I put one of my best photos on my writer/photographer card. That catches people's eye more than a picture of me.
  • 12-20-2008, 10:21 AM
    Lori11
    Thanks Ron, I used my photo because I do mostly race photography and its easy to get lost in the crown so to speak. Besides, if I use a Porsche, the Mustang guy's dont look, Ducati, then the Suzuki's dont look, and so on....so this was easier and people remember me this way!
    Oh and I am going to look at myminicards.com too, thanks PhotoPix!
  • 12-20-2008, 11:09 AM
    Ron Kruger
    That makes sense, Lori.
    In my case, especially since I'm about outdoor writing and wildlife photography, I use a tight shot of a bald eagle eating a fish in a tree. Takes up half the right side, with my info on the left. The eagle pix has a generic appeal to all outdoors people, and it's a great picture. The info tells them I'm a pro., but the picture proves it.