Pricing a Commercial Job

Hi everyone it's been a really, really long time since I’ve been here. I haven't even had time to lurk let alone post. But I need a little advice and I figured this was my best place to look.

Right now my small part time photography business is mainly portraits, wedding/event and sports action. I've been contacted by the marketing department of a development company needing photos of a restaurant they just built in my town. They found me through my web site and want to know if I did commercial work. I told the rep that I had not but asked about the work they need done. It would be 12-15 photos of the interior and exterior of the building and cropped and resized to their requirements. I believe I can do the work needed but I have no idea what a realistic price would be. They want the photos for an upcoming trade show and for possible future use in brochures. Our small town is growing and I wouldn’t mind getting my foot it the door for future projects they my do in my area but I don’t want to under price myself. Any ideas on where to begin on price and should my quote include any language as to restriction on use or my retention of copyright of images? Please help I have no clue where to being on this part of the deal :mad2:
    If every morning when you wake your goal is to straighten out people, you probably should be a funeral director. - Charles Lowery

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: Pricing a Commercial Job

Stock prices are less than your rate for custom work, I suspect.
    http://www.phototour.minneapolis.mn.us/info/licensing
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Thanks that gives me a place to start.
    If every morning when you wake your goal is to straighten out people, you probably should be a funeral director. - Charles Lowery

Thanks for the very informative link, Paul.
    Brad

Canon: Rebel XTi, 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8 II, Promaster 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5, Peleng 8mm fisheye
    Lighting: Canon 430 EXII, Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ, Sunpak 333D, D-8P triggers
    120 Film: Ricohflex Diacord TLR, Firstflex TLR, Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 folder
    35mm Film: Nikon Nikkormat FT2, 35mm F/2.8, 50mm F/1.4, 135mm F/2.8

My Blog
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/bradleymiller

Thread Information