Thread: The Jury is Out

The Jury is Out

I've been submitting my work to different art fairs and exhibits for a couple of years now and have a question about the Jury process.

When I submit to any show (juried or not), I usually just send or upload a copy of several of my "unadorned" images. My question is, should I rather be taking a photo of a finished "product" i.e. a matted and framed photo, or just the image itself?

Any thoughts or suggestions on what others are doing would be helpful.

Thanks,

Phil G.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: The Jury is Out

Do you get accepted?
    I have a friend that does juried shows but not for photography.
    They want a pic of his booth and layout.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I submit either digital photos, or prints, depending on what they ask for. Sometimes both. When it comes to submitting prints I send them what they ask for. I don't send matted or framed work unless that is what they ask for. If I'm submitting images online I send/upload my original file, sized to the specs they require. I would never take a photograph of a print to send them.

The most important part of submitting work for a show is to read and follow the rules. Send them exactly what they are asking for.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Frog,

I do get acepted to SOME. Seem's like the bigger shows I don't get accepted. I know that the booth shot is important, and I know I need to make some improvements there.

Of course I don't want to beleive that my work just ins't good enough (yet) to get in - it must be the presentation!

mjs,

I'm also pretty careful to follow instructions, but I've never seen anything that says, just the image or a picture of the finished piece.

Thanks all,

Phil G.

Thread Information