The Jury is Out

Printable View

• 06-22-2010, 01:25 PM
    PhoebeG
    The Jury is Out
    I've been submitting my work to different art fairs and exhibits for a couple of years now and have a question about the Jury process.

When I submit to any show (juried or not), I usually just send or upload a copy of several of my "unadorned" images. My question is, should I rather be taking a photo of a finished "product" i.e. a matted and framed photo, or just the image itself?

Any thoughts or suggestions on what others are doing would be helpful.

Thanks,

Phil G.
  • 06-22-2010, 03:53 PM
    Frog
    Re: The Jury is Out
    Do you get accepted?
    I have a friend that does juried shows but not for photography.
    They want a pic of his booth and layout.
  • 06-22-2010, 06:04 PM
    mjs1973
    I submit either digital photos, or prints, depending on what they ask for. Sometimes both. When it comes to submitting prints I send them what they ask for. I don't send matted or framed work unless that is what they ask for. If I'm submitting images online I send/upload my original file, sized to the specs they require. I would never take a photograph of a print to send them.

The most important part of submitting work for a show is to read and follow the rules. Send them exactly what they are asking for.
  • 06-23-2010, 08:28 AM
    PhoebeG
    Frog,

I do get acepted to SOME. Seem's like the bigger shows I don't get accepted. I know that the booth shot is important, and I know I need to make some improvements there.

Of course I don't want to beleive that my work just ins't good enough (yet) to get in - it must be the presentation!

mjs,

I'm also pretty careful to follow instructions, but I've never seen anything that says, just the image or a picture of the finished piece.

Thanks all,

Phil G.