Thread: Canvas printing

Canvas printing

Any good/cheap canvas printing companies recommended. Had a nice promotional (free) with canvasondemand.
    Please ask to edit photos and I'll do the same! :thumbsup:
    Thx, Rod
    http://krimingerphotography.printroom.com

Unhappy Re: Canvas printing

I saw this thread today and thought I would reply with a possible unrelated comment. I purchased a canvas 'artists sketch' from Sears Portrait studio 18 months ago of my 1 year old granddaughter. We all loved this particular picture of her and her mother intended to keep it as an heirloom. My daughter-in-law called in tears because it had a small stain on the canvas and she tried to wipe it off with a barely damp towel. The print came off completely and the canvas is ruined. Sears claims no liability for that fact that it wasn't sealed or placed under glass. Apparently their process cannot be put under glass and cannot be touched in any way. I'm pretty unhappy with their reaction to the problem since the canvas was over $100 at the time and it only lasted 18 months. They also don't keep studio sessions that long so they can't recreate the artist sketch. I doubt that I will take my grandchildren back to Sears again because of this and will probably just take their pictures myself with my Canon digital.

Re: Canvas printing

Meant to comment on this sooner but have been WAY busy. Rod, have you checked AdGraphics in Pompano or PKGraphics in Miami Beach? Both do canvas and both are good, but I think "cheap" is a subjective term. I've used PK in commercial applications several times and their quality is excellent, can't give comparative pricing as the last thing they did for us was a 10' x 15' vinyl mural from a photo (5 panels and printed/installed price was under $1000 - but not much under). The advantage to both of these is that they are local, should a problem arise.

Re: Canvas printing

cheap and good aren't necessarily going to go hand in hand with canvases....

try these ones...

www.mpix.com
    www.simplycanvas.com
    www.whcc.com
    www.museumbond.com

i've tried all but mpix, and have had good results.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Thread Information