Below is a response to flyer I was getting information on of a seminar planned here in Platteville. The email can explain it better than I, but we need a quick response if this is going to make. I think it would be good for those of us planning on getting into contracts of any kind regarding our art. I plan on attending if it makes. For $15.00 not a bad deal.
Ken

Ken,

So far I have not had any one sign up for this program. If you were interested and knew of some others that were interested you should contact me asap. I had anticipated a much larger response to this event, the details are below.

I would need to have 5 people sign up by Friday to hold this workshop. Beth Russell is very knowledgeable and is also able to talk about copyright and trademark issues as they relate to artists.

Let me know ASAP.

Heidi Dyas-McBeth

Let’s Make a Deal: Contract Essentials for Artists:
Brush up on fundamentals such as contract formation, construction and breach. Learn what some of those inscrutable "boilerplate" clauses really mean, and get the latest on electronic contracting. Examine specific contracts of interest to artists, such as commissioning, consignment and licensing agreements. Ms. Russell is the author of Art Law Conversations: A Surprisingly Readable Guide for Visual Artists, more info at www.erklaw.com

Fee: $15
Date and Time: Wednesday, March 8th from 6:30 – 8:30,
Location: University of Wisconsin-Platteville, Doudna Hall, Room 135
Registration: UWP Continuing Education http://www.uwplatt.edu/cont_ed/classes/noncredit/
or calling 608-342-1314

/////////
If any can make it, please try!!
Ken