Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Renting Lenses for Pentax

Is there any place to rent a lenses for the K10D, I have been searching google and I only come up with places that only rent lenses for Canon and Nikon, I need a better lenses than the kit for a photo shoot on Sunday. Help...and oh yeah it would be nice if the place is located in the Atlanta area, but online rentals stores are OK. :mad2:

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Renting Lenses for Pentax

I did some searching and found the same thing as you. I did find a couple posts on other forums asking the same thing. The only Pentax lens rentals they could fine were for medium format gear.

If you're in a pinch, you could always buy one, use if for your shoot, and then take it back. Not all that ethical, but...
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

What kind / type of lens are you looking for?
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Quote Originally Posted by jgredline
    What kind / type of lens are you looking for?
    Any f2.8 200 to 500mm, I just can't find a store that rents a lens for Pentax
    Pentax K10D w/battery grip
    Sigma 10-20mm F4-5,6 EX DC, Pentax smc P-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 - Pentax DA 50mm f/1.4 - Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 - Sigma APO 70-200mm f2.8 EX DG HSM Macro -Pentax AF 540 FGZ - Gary Fong "Lightshpere" (cloud & clear)

www.johnrender.com

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

You may want to try Samys.
    http://www.samys.com/
    I heard they do rentals and have Pentax gear.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

ok just found out a great place to rent Pentax glass http://www.cameralensrentals.com/shop/default.asp great pricing also.
    Sigma 10-20mm F4-5,6 EX DC, Pentax smc P-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 - Pentax DA 50mm f/1.4 - Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 - Sigma APO 70-200mm f2.8 EX DG HSM Macro -Pentax AF 540 FGZ - Gary Fong "Lightshpere" (cloud & clear)

www.johnrender.com

Snapac Thanks for posting that link. I have book marked that for future use.

Thanks for posting that link!
    Jim R

Canon 5D mkII - Canon 17-40mm f/4L, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro

no problem, glad to help, hopefully the more of us renting, more store will stock Pentax products. BTW Camera Lens Rentals are very responsive to emails and phones, providing updates, etc. I just wish they stock more lenses for Pentax, but I know that is based on demand.

www.johnrender.com

Thread Information