Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

What to expect from Pentax this year...

So I started a rumour earlier this year about Pentax. I'll state that it was purely that, a rumour. There was nothing to base it on. It was written before PMA Las Vegas, where it was expected Pentax would release a new DSLR. They didn't. The 60-250 DA* f4 was released, finally as was the 55mm DA* f1.4 (around the time of PMA). The DA 15mm LTD was also released.

So I'll start this thread based on actual fact.

An Olive coloured K-m.

Titanium (Silver?) K20D

I tried to find the article stating Pentax will release a new DSLR this year, but I can't find it.

Here is a link about the new Digital Medium Format. It is expected to be a 30 mega-pixel sensor, with Pentax continuing the lens mount so older MF lenses can be fitted to the new model.

Personally, I think it will be a long road with Pentax. Don't expect too much from them, ie FF DSLR. I think they need to consolidate their APS-C format, and possibly re-introduce their FA* range of lenses when and if a FF DSLR is on the cards. A lot of people rate the FA* lenses more than DA*, with a FA* 200mm macro lens being sold recently on E-Bay for $3,500 Check out the link This price is partly because of the rarity of these lenses, yet they some of the best lenses getting around, of any mount and make I firmly believe.
    danic

George Zimbel: Digital diahhrea is a disease for which there is a simple cure. Take one frame of a scene. It is exquisite training for your eye and your brain. Try it for a month. Then try it for another month…then try it for another month…..

RedBubble

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: What to expect from Pentax this year...

Thanx for the update Danic...I read the article from the original post and even went to Pentax's sites and should have realized that they weren't doing anything with the square format at this time. Oh well, gave us all hope for the future and who knows...if the economy keeps looking up...who knows where we'll wind up!!!!
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Thread Information