Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Now the wait is on

Last night I took the plunge. I wanted a little more distant, A new lens.

After much soul searching, procrastination,sweating, research, I did it. I always had a hard time parting with money. my upbring.

A Sigma 100-300 f4 is on the way. A TC at a later date.

The thing that was the tipping point was the f4

Now the wait............

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Re: Now the wait is on

You will have no regrets...You will really enjoy the images. Please be sure and post some up.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

I sure will. I expect it will be here on Monday. I have the 50-200 f4-5.6 Pentax but the range is to short for some of the pictures I would like to take. After seeing some of the images of yours and it low light capabilty I thought this would be the perfect lens. We in Wis don't have as much sun as Cal. Later on I might get a TC.

I can't wait to see the images you post; I am saving to get one also. Congrats on your purchase.
    Pentax K10D w/battery grip
    Sigma 10-20mm F4-5,6 EX DC, Pentax smc P-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 - Pentax DA 50mm f/1.4 - Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 - Sigma APO 70-200mm f2.8 EX DG HSM Macro -Pentax AF 540 FGZ - Gary Fong "Lightshpere" (cloud & clear)

www.johnrender.com

The lens came late this afternoon.Got off a few quick shots. I will be able to take some more test shots tomorrow. So far I like.Now the wait is on-pentax-56-017crop-medium-.jpg

Now the wait is on-pentax-56-014-medium-.jpg

Pete, Do u have your K10D on bright mode or Natural mode?
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Javier, I'm still in the learning mode with camera. So I will give some EXIF data
    F13 1/60 AWB ISO 400 on first pic 800 on sec. 300mm
    K10d the camera on Tav with sharpness set two clicks right. contrast one click right
    color mode RGB

Any comments or suggestions are welcome. I have a lot to learn.

I really don't know if I answered your question?

Pete

Pentax Forum Moderator

Were you using flash. I'm wondering why you were using such fast ISO and such slow shutter speed? Especially the ISO 800. Although I understand the K10D is very good at keeping noise levels very low at that level, I think you would have been better off with a slower ISO and a faster shutter speed. All in all though, both shots are really nice. I really like the first one with the bee and the fly both captured in the same shot. Good work.
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Pete,
    Ken brings up a great point with those slow shutter speeds. It kinda defeats the purpose of the fast lens...As far as IS0 800 goes, that's OK with the K10D. Infact I usually shoot at between 560-800 ISO with that lens...
    Let me suggest this.
    When shooting anything other than people, set the camera in bright / vivid mode. (The default setting is Natural mode.) Set the camera to -1 saturation, +2 sharpness, 0 contrast. TAV is a great mode. It is basically Manual with some assistance, but for now put it in ''P'' mode. This will let the Camera choose Shutter and Aperture, while you maintain control of ISO and EV comp. Set your camera to display the Histogram after you have shot an image. Make sure that it is center right, but not to the point where you have blown highlights. You will adjust this with ''EV'' comp. This will leave you with sharp, bright vivid images....Don't forget to save your settings in the user menu...Happy shooting.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Thanks fellows for the help. I will make some adjustments. Shoot some pictures and post.

Thread Information