Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Thread: Pentax Optio WP

Lib

Pentax Optio WP

Hello,

I realise that i'm probably posting in the wrong area, but i'm desperate for help!
    Was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem as me; I own a Pentax Optio WP camera and have treated it very well - opened it to use it on holiday and the screen had cracked and 'bled', leaving it ok to turn on and off, although the screen was ruined, in black and white patches with a large leaf shape in the middle. I had it fixed (paying £100), and EXACTLY the same problem happened again 2 months later, with no abuse to the camera at all. Pentax refuse to fix this under my warranty, and have offered me a discounted repair or a discount on another camera. I am incredibly disappointed at this, as I have already paid £100 for it to be fixed. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Thank you,

Lib

Re: Pentax Optio WP

Hi and welcome - I moved this to the Help forum. I've never had this happen, but digital cameras can be fragile. It's anybody's guess how it happened, but something caused the screen to crack. Do you carry the camera in a padded case? LowePro and many other companies make small cases that will offer some protection.

Poster Formerly Known as Michael Fanelli mwfanelli's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lib
    Hello,

I realise that i'm probably posting in the wrong area, but i'm desperate for help!
    Was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem as me; I own a Pentax Optio WP camera and have treated it very well - opened it to use it on holiday and the screen had cracked and 'bled', leaving it ok to turn on and off, although the screen was ruined, in black and white patches with a large leaf shape in the middle. I had it fixed (paying £100), and EXACTLY the same problem happened again 2 months later, with no abuse to the camera at all. Pentax refuse to fix this under my warranty, and have offered me a discounted repair or a discount on another camera. I am incredibly disappointed at this, as I have already paid £100 for it to be fixed. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Thank you,

Lib
    I have had two Pentax cameras in the past although not the brand you have. No problems with either of them. The fact that the same major problem happened to you twice hints to me that you are doing something wrong rather than the camera being defective. If the camera had major problems like that, it would be all over the net.

How do you carry it, how do you use it?
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." --Mark Twain

From all I've heard, this is a pretty good and durable camera. There are a lot of sea kaykers who use this camera on trips, and aside from being wet more than dry they tend to get bounced around a bit while we're out on the water. Not to say that it can handle anything - everything has it's limits - but like I said something must be causing this.

Thread Information