Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Sigma 10-24mm F/4-5.6 examples

Correction...Sigma 10-20 F/4-5.6
    My latest lens...At first I thought I would not use it allot, but is seems to have found a permanent home on my K100D super..

Last edited by jgredline; 04-20-2008 at 02:25 PM.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Re: Sigma 10-24mm F/4-5.6 examples

Isn't this lens just awesome??? I love to shoot with it, so much fun!

Great pics, btw!
    Jim R

Canon 5D mkII - Canon 17-40mm f/4L, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro

Jim, As you know, every pentaxian needs this lens.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Quote Originally Posted by jgredline
    Jim, As you know, every pentaxian needs this lens.
    :thumbsup: Agreed. I'm SO glad I went with this lens vs the fisheye.

I love that there isn't a lot of distortion, unless you really open it up and get close to your subject.
    Jim R

Canon 5D mkII - Canon 17-40mm f/4L, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro

nice pictures, does anyone make a f2.8 or 3.5 10-20mm?
    Pentax K10D w/battery grip
    Sigma 10-20mm F4-5,6 EX DC, Pentax smc P-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 - Pentax DA 50mm f/1.4 - Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 - Sigma APO 70-200mm f2.8 EX DG HSM Macro -Pentax AF 540 FGZ - Gary Fong "Lightshpere" (cloud & clear)

www.johnrender.com

Ohhhh man. I love snausages!

Please make sure to post reviews for this and your other lenses in the zoom lens review section. We need to make sure we post reviews for our gear in the actual reviews where they're searchable and quantifiable.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Tokina 11-16mm

Quote Originally Posted by Snapac
    nice pictures, does anyone make a f2.8 or 3.5 10-20mm?
    At PMA this year, Tokina announced an 11-16mm f/2.8. That's the widest, fastest lens currently available for APS-C sensors right now. I'm not sure if it's available here yet. But it should be soon. Here's a link to the press release:

Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX Lens
    Photo-John

Liz

Re: Tokina 11-16mm

Javier,

These shots are just great! That Sigma does a fine job - good choice. Thanks for posting more images. I love the color.

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    At PMA this year, Tokina announced an 11-16mm f/2.8. That's the widest, fastest lens currently available for APS-C sensors right now. I'm not sure if it's available here yet. But it should be soon. Here's a link to the press release:

This Tokina is officially coming out in May or June.

Liz

Re: Tokina 11-16mm

Too bad it's only for Nikon and Canon mounts.
    Jim R

Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by spiraleyes
    Too bad it's only for Nikon and Canon mounts.
    Sorry about that and thanks for pointing it out. Maybe a flood of e-mails from Pentax owners would get them to add a Pentax mount version
    Photo-John

Liz

Re: Doh!

Sorry about that and thanks for pointing it out. Maybe a flood of e-mails from Pentax owners would get them to add a Pentax mount version
    That doesn't seem right. I thought they made them to fit all the popular dslr's. Sorry about that.

In the meantime, as I said previously, I'm really impressed with the results that Javier is getting with that Sigma. It doesn't seem to have much distortion at all at 10mm.

Liz

Re: Doh!

Not a bad idea Photo John, maybe we could plan a day, so that it would be more effective.
    Sigma 10-20mm F4-5,6 EX DC, Pentax smc P-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 - Pentax DA 50mm f/1.4 - Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 - Sigma APO 70-200mm f2.8 EX DG HSM Macro -Pentax AF 540 FGZ - Gary Fong "Lightshpere" (cloud & clear)

www.johnrender.com

Ohhhh man. I love snausages!

Please make sure to post reviews for this and your other lenses in the zoom lens review section. We need to make sure we post reviews for our gear in the actual reviews where they're searchable and quantifiable.
    Will do, I did not know that was an option.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Liz,
    thanks for the kind words. They came at a time when I really needed them.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

εὐχαριστέω σύ

εὐχαριστέω σύ

G'day, In your first posting, in the 8th photograph the sharpness of the far distance is most interesting to becoming truly extraordinary.

The way the lens, and the photographer of course, has held the resolution in the far distance I can only imagine how good that image really is while looking at my monitor.

Thankyou for amost interesting thread. Seeing that level of resolution over the web restores my faith in life. A comment I do not make lightly.

Warren. .

I am thinking about getting this lens to do weddings, do you have any indoor shots?

www.johnrender.com

Quote Originally Posted by Snapac
    I am thinking about getting this lens to do weddings, do you have any indoor shots?
    I have several indoor shots with this lens from my recent trip to Paris. I need to make a thread...

Anyway, this lens (IMO) is a little slow indoors if you aren't using a tripod.
    Jim R

Snapac,
    While I have no indoor shots with this lens, I can't comment on it. How ever, in looking at your Signature line, you are perfectly set up with the Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 and Pentax 50mm f1.4.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Quote Originally Posted by jgredline
    Snapac,
    While I have no indoor shots with this lens, I can't comment on it. How ever, in looking at your Signature line, you are perfectly set up with the Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 and Pentax 50mm f1.4.
    Yeah I love my current set-up, just trying to extend my arsenal. I want a wide angle to get close-ups of large groups, ie weddings and events; but I guess I could invest in a flash.

www.johnrender.com

εὐχαριστέω σύ

All of these were taken with the Sigma 10-20mm, the EXIF data should still be in place. Shot in camera RAW, adjusted and processed in CS3.

Last edited by spiraleyes; 06-29-2008 at 12:10 PM.
    Jim R

gOTTA love this lens, especially for car shooting. It is amazing how much it captures being so close.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

I just love how crisp the pictures are with this lens. So much fun!
    Jim R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information