Renting Lenses for Pentax

Printable View

• 02-06-2008, 10:26 AM
    Snapac
    Renting Lenses for Pentax
    Is there any place to rent a lenses for the K10D, I have been searching google and I only come up with places that only rent lenses for Canon and Nikon, I need a better lenses than the kit for a photo shoot on Sunday. Help...and oh yeah it would be nice if the place is located in the Atlanta area, but online rentals stores are OK. :mad2:
  • 02-06-2008, 11:04 AM
    mjs1973
    Re: Renting Lenses for Pentax
    I did some searching and found the same thing as you. I did find a couple posts on other forums asking the same thing. The only Pentax lens rentals they could fine were for medium format gear.

If you're in a pinch, you could always buy one, use if for your shoot, and then take it back. Not all that ethical, but...
  • 02-06-2008, 07:24 PM
    jgredline
    What kind / type of lens are you looking for?
  • 02-06-2008, 07:58 PM
    Snapac
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jgredline
    What kind / type of lens are you looking for?

Any f2.8 200 to 500mm, I just can't find a store that rents a lens for Pentax
  • 02-06-2008, 08:25 PM
    jgredline
    You may want to try Samys.
    http://www.samys.com/
    I heard they do rentals and have Pentax gear.
  • 07-02-2008, 08:25 PM
    Snapac
    ok just found out a great place to rent Pentax glass http://www.cameralensrentals.com/shop/default.asp great pricing also.
  • 07-05-2008, 08:54 AM
    PeteE
    Snapac Thanks for posting that link. I have book marked that for future use.
  • 07-05-2008, 12:54 PM
    spiraleyes
    Thanks for posting that link!
  • 07-12-2008, 06:34 PM
    Snapac
    no problem, glad to help, hopefully the more of us renting, more store will stock Pentax products. BTW Camera Lens Rentals are very responsive to emails and phones, providing updates, etc. I just wish they stock more lenses for Pentax, but I know that is based on demand.