Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Pentax Optio E50 Problems

Well this may not seem like the place because it seems more like a place for people with dSLR's but I can still try.

I just bought a new Pentax Optio E50 (8.1mp) digital camera.
    I recently had a family BBQ and took loads of great pictures, the quality was fine but today I turned it on at school (to work on a portfolio) and the photos that were taken seemed... off.

See for yourself;

Link to photo

This was taken on the Digital SR setting, but it does this for every setting. (auto, portrait, landscape)

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Pentax Optio E50 Problems

Yeah, that's definitely not right. I'd return it for an exchange.
    Jim R

Canon 5D mkII - Canon 17-40mm f/4L, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro

Pentax Forum Moderator

Yes, Kersh, I'd definitely take it back. Something isn't working right.
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Yep, it is broken.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Did you ever get this problem figured out? I have the same problem and my camera is not under warranty anymore so I wanted to see if its any easy fix or if its worth sending it in or not to pay for it to be fixed.
    Thanks

Pentax Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by hillmanjohn2
    Did you ever get this problem figured out? I have the same problem and my camera is not under warranty anymore so I wanted to see if its any easy fix or if its worth sending it in or not to pay for it to be fixed.
    Thanks
    Hello hillmanjohn2 and welcome to PR. I'm afraid that Kersh has not updated us on the status of his repair since 2008 nor has he posted anything else since then. So, I doubt we are going to get a response. I've looked around a bit to see if I could learn something about your camera and it seems to be a nice p/s.

Here's my thoughts. I recently sent a camera in to have it cleaned. Mine was a dslr, but the prices are probably similar. It cost me, after shipping, over a $100, just for the original cleaning. I did have some things fixed that were found which ran it up to $180. The MSRP on your camera was only around $150. Taking this into consideration, and since you are out of warranty, I'd seriously consider looking into a new camera with a new warranty.

One of the nice things about upgrading is that some of the newer cameras are now coming with 720p and 1080p video which is great for family gatherings, vacations, etc. And the prices are, in many cases, very affordable.

Sorry I don't have better news about a fix for your camera, but hope this helps you out. Please let us know how it turns out.
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Thanks Ken. I kind of figured it wouldn't be worth it but wanted to get another opinion first. I am probably just gonna pick up a cheap camera for now on eBay or something.
    I used to use a Minolta Dimage 5 but that broke and I just haven't had the cash to get anything comparable to that yet. So I am just settling for something for general use right now.

Thanks again,

John

Thread Information