Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Pentax K20D ratings ~ 4.5 - 5.0

My reasons for rating this camera as 4.5/5.0 ---classification.

1. construction: very well built - sturdy body. Buttons at in areas that are easy to reach. The screen is bold and colourful.

2. features: nicely presented - as what is to be found on a pro series SLR camera.

3. Image quality: This is where I honestly have to say - I'm taken! I have a Nikon D300 and I have to say that this Pentax K20D camera not only performs better in some cases than the D300 in terms of noise- but the colours on the Pentax are brighter and bolder too. Amazing... you'll just have to go and and see for yourselves. Remarkable.... and eye opening!

Value for money....

Here is a great pleace to find more about Pentax K20D:
    http://www.**********.com/Digital_Ca...entax/k20d.php

You can't beat the price for the quality... not at all!

Check out our D300 Pro Review! deckcadet's Avatar

Re: Pentax K20D ratings ~ 4.5 - 5.0

Just wondering, as far as image quality goes, what Raw converter are you using for the D300 files? I am not alone in finding that some converters can produce really sub-standard results and could skew your findings. So far every review (and my own experience) I've seen has indicated the D300 falls at the top of the heap right now. I'd love to see some samples of the K20D though!
    Harrison
    Nikon Forum / Digital SLR Forum Moderator | moderator bio
    Check out our new Nikon D300 Pro Review D3 review coming soon...
    Nikon Samurai #9 | NPS Member
    10 Lenses • 5 Bodies • 3 Macs • 1 Sore Back

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

I agree with the K20D having truly amazing images coming out of them. I have not compared it to a D300 but I did have a D200 before I gave it to my daughter and the D200 was on par with the K10D, but the K20D is leap years ahead..
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Quote Originally Posted by jgredline
    I agree with the K20D having truly amazing images coming out of them. I have not compared it to a D300 but I did have a D200 before I gave it to my daughter and the D200 was on par with the K10D, but the K20D is leap years ahead..
    We're waiting on one. Right now we're on the home stretch of the K200D review.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    We're waiting on one. Right now we're on the home stretch of the K200D review.
    I can't wait. How do you like the K200D so far?
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Thread Information