Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Thank You Pentax and Your Great Shake Reduction System

The picture below may not mean anything at all to most people but it means a great deal to me. My shoulders were scarred eight years ago in a condo fire and I'd never thought I'd ever be able to handle a DSLR due to the weight on my shoulders carrying it around and mobility problems. I've had Fuji bridge cams with IS (image stablization( but it never lived up to my expectations. I was very reluctant when I bought my Pentax k200d but since it had "shake reduction" I thought I'd give it a shot. I fitted my 70-300 Sigma onto it and was amazed at how clear my shots have turned out,..mind you nothing creative here as it's just a test at the full 300mm extension of the lens. I also forgot to change setting from the night before and was amazed once again how sharp the pic came out at 1600 ISO in broad daylight, not much grain er noise to speak of. PENTAX!! You've got one hell of a camera here. :thumbsup:

Barry in Dallas

Proud new father of a k200d as of 4/08/08
    and Sigma 70-300mm zoom, have a cigar

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: Thank You Pentax and Your Great Shake Reduction System

Awesome Barry, sorry to hear about the fire, but glad you're ok...and glad the k200 and you found each other. Now, lets see lots of photos..hehe..
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Barry, Indeed the shake reduction in the Pentax DSLR works more than great.
    It allows me to use long lenses like 500mm with no tripod.
    Great going.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Thanks Javier and Ken,
    SR is something I hope other camera companies pick up on. Javier, could you post some of your hand held shots using your 500mm? I mjust wish Pentax had added an illuminated top panel light like the have on the K10 and K20, no other complaints at all. BTW, Steves Digicam just posted their review of the k20 and k200d on their website today, gave them both GREAT reviews.

Barry

Proud new father of a k200d as of 4/08/08
    and Sigma 70-300mm zoom, have a cigar

Thread Information