Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Pentax K10D and Lumas Galleries

I have an exhibition of Limited Edition images at Lumas Galleries in New York, Germany and worldwide over the internet. They just contacted me. They wish to expose four of my images from the "Divine Inspiration" series shot with the Pentax K10D that will be blown up, as usual to 1.20 x.0.80 meters. They are 171 mega per image. Now if that is not a thumbs up for the K10D and it's quality, I don't know what!

Ben

http://www.lumas.com/?id=719&artist=616&motiv=1617

Re: Pentax K10D and Lumas Galleries

I have noticed that you have posted the same series of 5 or 6 messages about yourself and Pentax and at least 3 photo sites that I am a member of.

I was a little curious if this is some sort of subtle advertising spam for Pentax?

Quote Originally Posted by Lew-the-nerd
    I have noticed that you have posted the same series of 5 or 6 messages about yourself and Pentax and at least 3 photo sites that I am a member of.

I was a little curious if this is some sort of subtle advertising spam for Pentax?
    Are you a Pentax user? I am very excited with the results I am getting from this camera and yes I am announcing that fact.

So in response to your query..I am not a plant hired by Pentax. I am pro photographer with over 25 years of experience. But I feel compelled to pass on the excitement about their new evolution so you could say...Yes, but NOT subtle advertising. It is what I would call a "blitzkrieg". Flagrant and Outspoken. No not "Subtle" at all.. After twenty years as a Canon user and sponsored officially by them here in France. I am proud to be sponsored now by Pentax and I really appreciate the quality of the tools they provide.

There you have it...I'm creating "The Buzz!"

I also post similar threads on several forums. I have no relationship with Pentax. but as a working photographer I enjoy swapping ideas with others. I've used Pentax gear for many years, and I'm glad the new camera is pro-spec.

I use Mamaiya, and a TOYO 4x5. But my small gear has always been Pentax, because of the glass. Since getting the K10D, the RB67 is getting a (well-deserved) rest!

I think Ben is just excited about the new cameras and (most important) the access to the best lenses on the planet.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lew-the-nerd

Hi Lew and welcome to the forum. I appreciate your diligence and concern over posts by benjikan. As I understand, ben is a Pentax sponsored Pro Photographer. His expertise in photography and his new found love of the Pentax cameras has been well received by PhotographyReview.com.

As moderator, I promise I will continually monitor Bens' posts to ensure that his posts are appropriate for this (Pentax) forum and not a sales ad. His posts have always been more technical and artistic, which is one of the things we look for in this forum and Ben has never crossed the line into sales. I humbly ask that you read his posts with interest as he is very knowledgeable and he has graciously blessed us with his expertise and skills. He is also very willing to share his experience with anyone who asks. Also, he does have an inside ear on Pentax products and a lot of times we get news a little ahead of some of the other forums.

Again...thank you for your concern and I look forward to further posts from you.

Ken
    Pentax Forum Moderator
    Reviews Moderator
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Dear Ken;

I really appreciate your intervention here. Perhaps I should have just accepted the Pentax sponsorship without any Hoopla. Perhaps that would have been the more Zen thing to do. In fact the allegations that have been made against me have been pretty amusing, incredible and often laughable. So here is a letter I felt compelled to post on another forum when it was suggested that I am a paid plant for Pentax.

I have been a Pro Photographer for over 25 years. I had used Canon for over eighteen years for my 35mm format and anything from Sinar to Horsemean to Fuji 680 to Bronica to Blad to Mamiya to Pentax to Yashica for my MF and larger support imagery. I was sponsored Officially by Canon up until recently when I switched to Pentax, which for me was a very serious move. I have used Pentax MF cameras for years, specifically the 67. Pentax have never asked me to post on forums. They have never provided any work for me, as my field of expertise is totally out of their domain. They are pleased however with my move to Pentax. Being that I garnered a considerable amount of press re: my Canon sponsorship, they were delighted with the fact that they could benefit by that exposure. Yes I do use Pentax now and they do provide material for me. But I never would have switched to Pentax if the product could not deliver the goods. That would be professional suicide. As to my posting on several forums. Absolutely. I wish to share my experiences with other photographers who may have been reluctant to use the K10D in professional applications. I see no reason that if one can use a Nikon D200 for a pro shoot, why not the K10D. Canon and Nikon have thousands of Pro users publicly acknowledging the use of specific models for specific applications. I don't see why there should be a double standard. If Pentax were to stop my partnership with me tomorrow, I would still continue to use the K10D and acquire their 645D when it comes out in the Fall of 2007.

And...Just for everyone's info, the 645D is not vaporware. I will get one as soon as it comes out some time in the Fall...

Pentax Forum Moderator

Thank you ben for the letter. I wasn't sure if I should have intervened or not, but I felt I should nip it in the bud before it got out of hand.
    I think we both know that lew had a very valid concern and your handling of it was understandable.
    Your input is invaluable to this forum, as is lew's and everyone elses. Thank you for your expertise and all your advice.
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Fwiw...

...I don't think you have to explain yourself, Ben. After all, this is the Pentax Forum, forcryinoutloud (one of my dad's favorite expressions). And your point is well taken about all the Canon and Nikon fans droning on and on about their respective gear...

Personally, I enjoy it more when you talk about lighting, but fact is you are on the front lines, so any of your experiences with equipment that you share are valuable to members of this site...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Smile Viewpoint

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    ...I don't think you have to explain yourself, Ben. After all, this is the Pentax Forum, forcryinoutloud (one of my dad's favorite expressions). And your point is well taken about all the Canon and Nikon fans droning on and on about their respective gear...

Personally, I enjoy it more when you talk about lighting, but fact is you are on the front lines, so any of your experiences with equipment that you share are valuable to members of this site...
    Hello Steve;

I wrote an essay that was submitted in the "Viewfinder" section you may wish to read, if you are in to technique..sort of. It is called "Camera...Extension of the Soul the 'Id'"

Ben

Thread Information