Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Pentax K100D Lenses

I'm kinda new at this Digital Stuff, But have had a Pentax K1000 for many years, Thus obtaining alot of manual zoom lenses, I found that the new K100D will accept those lenses and for what I'll be doing with it, It was a no brainer that I needed this camera, I purchased it with the 18-55mm auto lens, I immediatley removed that and installed my 300mm zoom, After setting the aperture ring to "A" and switching the body to MF and dial to M, I was zooming and taking quality photos in minutes, My question is How can I use my 2X multiplier on this also, any ideas, I'm getting ready to go to Daytona and need to use my 500mm zoom with the multiplier, Thanks in advance, I Love This Camera.......................Dan

Re: Pentax K100D Lenses

Is your 2x an automatic? Does it transfer the aperture information from the camera to the lens like the lens does in A mode?

If not it's a manual converter and you will have to mannually set the aperture on the lens and use stop down metering for exposure.

If you used the 2x converter on the K1000 in auto mode, it should work in auto mode on the K100D.

Tim
    My blog - Photography Rulez

'Slim' - K10D and *ist DL w/ SMCP DA 70mm 2.4 Limited, SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, SMC M 28mm f/2.8, SMC M 50mm f/1.7, and Tamron AF75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Slim of the Clan O'Canon - A1 w/ FD 28, 50, 70-210 & Sigma 500/1000 f8/f16

The K1000 has no auto mode at all. It's a completely mechanical camera with no need for batteries (unless you want to use the meter).

If the converter doesn't transfer information, he'll have to set "aperture value other than A" to "permitted" in the Custom menu, use the lens/converter in Manual, and use either the DOF preview to meter or, if the camera has a green button, use the green button to set the shutter speed in Manual.

I have the D and the K10D, they both have the green button. I've never used a K100D.

the k100 has the green button..

trog

Thread Information