Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Post yourTamron 17-50mm Zoom images

I recently bought a Tamron SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR LD lens and I'm loving it. I know there is a new stabilized XR version of this lens but they still produce this more compact original version for Pentax/Samsung/Sony cameras with SR in the body. It is sharp wide open and very sharp by f3.5 at any focal length. The build is solid and about the only feature you lose vs. a Pentax zoom is the quick shift feature, but it's no big deal to switch to manual focus instead. Considering price vs. performance this is a superb walk around lens IMO- a leap above any kit lens. I thought it would be neat to see some of your images made with this lens. I haven't been out much yet with it, but here are a couple of examples shot late at night in my office at work (the second isn't super sharp but it was fun :

Re: Post yourTamron 17-50mm Zoom images

I'm a former owner and yes, it's a great walk around lens. Tamron provides a really long warranty which I had to use once when the front lens ring got loose on me. I sold it for good price on Ebay.

Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Pentax Forum Moderator

Awesome shots Dave and Poker. Dave I love the 2nd orange. I would love to see you do this again but with the orange a bit more centered on the light. Although the overall sharpness was a little weak, the "navel" detail was excellent. Good works
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Awesome shots Dave and Poker. Dave I love the 2nd orange. I would love to see you do this again but with the orange a bit more centered on the light. Although the overall sharpness was a little weak, the "navel" detail was excellent. Good works
    Thanks- er, I ate it... I thought about trying this with a macro, but I was having fun exploring the extreme limits of this lens at the time (this was @ 50mm).

EDIT: NASA has been imaging the same thing, lately!
    Last edited by dave23; 03-29-2010 at 03:04 PM.

Re: Post your Tamron 17-50mm Zoom images

This lens continues to impress me. Sometimes the bokeh from point sources is "onion skin", which I don't care for so much, but sometimes it is pretty good like this one.

Here is another example of bokeh from the Tammy 17-50 (@50mm):

zoom zoom and zoom lol

Thread Information