Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Angry Old dogs don't always learn.

:blush2: Now to my first post and it is embarrassing.
    My first foray with my GX10 ended before it began.
    I decided to use a 300mm zoom and put it on the camera before leaving home. On arriving at the summit of a hill, I wanted to change to a 28mm, lo and behold I could not and cannot remove the bigger lens. It moved approx as far as the bayonet release point but will not come out. It has slight movement in an anti and clockwise motion. Has anyone any ideas?
    Please.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: Old dogs don't always learn.

Hello Bresail, I'm so sorry to hear about your dilemma. I personally would head for the nearest camera shop. Both the camera and the lense are to expensive to risk being forced. It may be something simple, but if you break it, you pay for the repair...if they break it...they pay for the repair.
    Anyway...welcome to PR and I hope your future posts are more uplifting and good luck on getting that lens off.
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Thanks Ken,
    I had already decided that I had to calm down and get things into perspective. So, because we don't really have a camera shop up here in the wilds of Shetland I will send it to the Samsung workshop and let them deal with it. Thanks also for the welcome.

You didn't mention what kind of 300mm lens.
    Would it happen to be a KR mount?
    Look through a glass eye.
    Give it a few tries.
    Nothing goes right in its time.
    --Tally Hall--

Snoid, the lens was a sirius zoom k mount. A cheapo but I am not convinced that it was at fault. Anyhow, I've contacted Samsung and they told me that they can remove the lens so I will send it off tomorrow and ask them to tell me how they managed to remove it. If they do tell me I'll post it here just in case someone else does the same.
    Still it does seem promising. I haven't used the camera in anger yet.

Smile Re: Old dogs don't always learn.

The follow up to my dilemma and the stuck lens.
    I owned up my that it was my fault and that the lens was neither Pentax nor Samsung.
    They told me that I would be responsible for the costs incurred and I agreed and sent off camera with coital lens. Two weeks later the camera came back with the lens on. So I feared the worst, but it came off with no problem.
    It also came back with no costs.
    I will post a song in praise of Samsung on the other part of this forum. :thumbsup:

If you have a look at the lens mount you will most likely find a very small hole there now. I would bet that Snoid is exactly right. The lens was actually a Ricoh mount lens that might have a KR logo on it somewhere. Samsung removed the Ricoh pin so the lens will no longer jam on the Pentax mount. Very simple to do and I've removed several over the years.

The lens was actually a Ricoh mount lens that might have a KR logo on it somewhere. Samsung removed the Ricoh pin so the lens will no longer jam on the Pentax mount. Very simple to do and I've removed several over the years.
    ahsan

Thread Information