Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Eveloop Batteries In My New k200d..OK?

Hey All,
    I was quite surprised when my new Pentax arrived yesterday and it came with Lithium batteries as opposed to plain alkalines. It seems the manual also recommends them as well. I have many used and unused Enveloops and other rechargeable AA types and was wondering if anyone has experienced any problems using these types of batteries.

Thanks
    Barry

Proud new father of a k200d as of 4/08/08
    and Sigma 70-300mm zoom, have a cigar

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: Eveloop Batteries In My New k200d..OK?

I have used Energizer 2500mah almost exclusively in my *ist DLs and have had wonderful results. They are long lasting and easy to carry spares or get spares in a hurry if need be. I should think that the K200 should not be that much different. I usually get around 200 or more shots before needing to change. The only time I've ever had any probs is when I let the batteries get too low. And of course, that's only common sense for any battery usage..DON'T let your batteries run all the way down...
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

In both my K110D and K100D super I use CRV-3 lithium rechargeables...Best thing since sliced bread. Well over 600 Images from a fully charged set.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

A question to jgredline, I have been looking for a set of crv3 lithiums and a charger that charges two batteries at a time. All of the chargers that I have seen charge just one battery at a time. Any suggestions for a good charger that charges two? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbuc
    A question to jgredline, I have been looking for a set of crv3 lithiums and a charger that charges two batteries at a time. All of the chargers that I have seen charge just one battery at a time. Any suggestions for a good charger that charges two? Thanks in advance for any and all help.
    Sorry for the late response. For some reason I do not always get my e mail notifications...As far as the CRV-3's go, I have only seen single battery chargers and I have looked for them. Infact I have spent a small fortune on CRV-3 batteries and chargers.
    Personally, I use this charger http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...C_Charger.html
    and these batteries.. http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Lithiu.../dp/B000G63NNE
    I have found these to be very consistent in voltage and do not seem to loose the charge when sitting...I have no problem recommending these..
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Thanks for tips Javier, The batteries are out of stock at Amazon but I will keep checking there.

Hello all.

I just purchased a K200d, and i have some old crv3 batteries from my kodak z612.

Does CRV3 point to a specific battery, or a range of batteries.... are th old kodak's ok for the K200d.

It's my first slr, and i love it!

Thank you

wl

Quote Originally Posted by wileloman
    Hello all.

I just purchased a K200d, and i have some old crv3 batteries from my kodak z612.

Does CRV3 point to a specific battery, or a range of batteries.... are th old kodak's ok for the K200d.

It's my first slr, and i love it!

Thank you

wl
    welcome to PR, Here you will find a great group of folks.
    As for your question, they will work so long as they do not exceed 3.0 volts each for a max of 6 volts. Many of the chineese batteries are not regulated so be careful with those.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

jgre:

thank you for the informative reply

i will watch out

i will look around the site and forums more this evening

wl

Thread Information