Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Pentax *IST DL SLOW AUTOFOCUS

pentax *IST DL owners,

Do you experience slow autofocus, with kit lens in action situations(autofocus hunts), as some sites claim. I like the cam and it's affordable for me

thanks

Re: Pentax *IST DL SLOW AUTOFOCUS

It's no pro sports camera but again it's how much you are willing to pay for the performance/capabilities you want.

Two things I would like to see improvement on in the DL are autofocus speed and faster more continuous frames. But I settled and I am very pleased with my decision. That (at the time I purchased the camera) would have cost me about $400 more and I decided I couldn't justify the price for my hobby.

If I was making money doing it I would have decided the other way and gone with the body I actually wanted, a D70S. I could have recouped the difference in a couple of jobs.

Nonetheless, the DL is a very capable camera and well worth the price.

Tim
    My blog - Photography Rulez

'Slim' - K10D and *ist DL w/ SMCP DA 70mm 2.4 Limited, SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, SMC M 28mm f/2.8, SMC M 50mm f/1.7, and Tamron AF75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Slim of the Clan O'Canon - A1 w/ FD 28, 50, 70-210 & Sigma 500/1000 f8/f16

Thread Information